Update!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Well the walker that the physio brought didn’t work.I knew it wouldn’t as dad cannot wait bear.That’s why he has a gutter frame as he puts his weight on his elbows. The physio got him out of his recliner and got him to walk a few steps forward but his knees started to bend so he managed to get him back into the recliner before he fell.
Dad was disappointed but it had to be done to prove that he wasn’t able.Also the professionals need to see so they can see what you are talking about.Sometimes I think that they think it’s me as dad presents well.

When I arrived at dads this morning I saw him walking with the carers. He was having problems breathing. It is the first time I have seen him getting up in the morning.
One of the carers reported that he was chesty.
I have noticed lately that dads lips are turning blue. Plus he has put on weight. He is eating well but it could be water..Who knows!
He is coughing quite a lot. Before meals and during as well as after.
He is getting slower to walk every day. He is coughing up clear sputum. Not all the time but sometimes.
He is having to be propped up higher in bed.
I sent an email to the doctor this afternoon and about 2 hours later we got a phone call.
He spoke to dad for a bit and then me. He is putting him on diuretics for 2weeks to see how he goes. But he cannot be on them for too long as he has bad kidneys. He like me thinks it is worsening of his heart failure. I have to phone him in a week to give an update. I wasn’t sure if it was a chest infection at first but he thinks not!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Hope the diuretics help your dad, shame the frame didn't work but as you say now at least they know it won’t and have seen for themselves how your dad really is when moving. Sad to hear he seems to be declining, he has lots of problems going on at once, it must be hard for you ?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Thanks everyone!I hope the diuretics give some comfort. If things don’t improve I cannot see what else can be done other than make him comfortable .It’s weird. Dads dementia is still the moderate/middle stage and he is very much aware. In this case I wish he wasn’t..