update!

judyjudy

Mar 19, 2008
west sussex
Hi Everyone
Meant to tell you about yesterday. It was awful. I saw the doctor and my mother has a diagnosis of vascular dementia and he thinks she may have 2/3 years but impossible to tell of course. He also broke the news to her that she cannot go home - not safe etc. TOTAL COMPLETE AND UTTER DENIAL etc. She was then assessed by the EMI home I had found for her and again utter refusal to even consider looking at it!! By the time I arrived she was almost incandescent with anger and rage. Needless to say I was devastated. By the end of 2 hours I went to leave and gave her a huge hug and kiss. Got to the car and discovered that I had locked the keys in the car!!!!!!! The end of a bloody awful day.
Today, the EMI home tels me they think that they can't take her while she is still so anti.
Found, rang visited another place - equally good. Assessment on Monday. Went to see Ma and overnight something has changed. She has agreed to try a home for a short respite visit! Well, it is a start. Incontinent (with stress?) last night and when the ward started its spring cleaning today she was worried it was because of her puddles! Told me she loved me too!!
Not all bad I suppose.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks Judy

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh dear Judy, what an awful day yesterday! Car problems always seem to happen on a day that's already dire. The day they told me they weren't going to treat John any more, I left the home in tears -- to find I had a flat tyre!

I hope your mum's change of heart lasts, and the assessment on Monday goes well.

Be sure to let us know.

mollieblue

May 16, 2007
belfast
Judy,

I've my fingers and toes cross for monday for u. xx

We had my mums 2 week review in the NH and they have no problems with her at all. She's in a residential bed in a home and they only thing is she's a lot more "well" than many other residents. The staff are going to encourage her to mix more with the few residents who are more on a level with her, so hopefully.....

I'll pray that all goes well for u Monday x Ann x
:)