Update on OH

Flashie

Dec 7, 2015
My OH Carol passed away today peacefully in her sleep. The cause was Motor Neurone Disease with dementia. She went downhill quickly in one week but the outcome was out of the blue. MND and dementia changed to the final stages of dementia (which my mother died of in February) but it appears MND was the problem.

The emergency respite on Tuesday, the care home were able to make her comfortable and tried to stabilise her. They to were not expecting the outcome.

For the last month have had excellent help from all departments and a very good GP.

For me this is a lot earlier than expected but Carol is now in a better place without having had suffered too much.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Flashie I am so sorry to read your news. As you say your Carol is at peace now. I wish you strength for the future. Sending my condolences.

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
Dearest Flashy - sincere condolences to you. MND and dementia seems terribly cruel, I hope you gain strength in the knowledge that your wonderful wife is no longer suffering.

MAMMYGRANNY

Jan 26, 2016
Flashie,
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a dreadful illness and so hard for you to see your wife decline so quickly. Please rest and take care of yourself now.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Please accept my condolences too. It must have been a shock as it was not expected but I understand what you say. My thoughts are with you X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point