1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. sky90

sky90 Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Eastsussex
    Hello everyone. We went for mum's scan and she has a benign tumor on spine. Which is why mum was suffering with the pain. The doctor said that we have to wait 3 months and then mum will have another scan to see if it have grown and what the next step will be. Mum also was told by a different doctor that she has a slightyly enlarged heart.
    Yesterday mum had an Dementia turn and was so scared she dident know who any of us was. But today she is feeling much better.
    Thank you to everyone who asked about my mum. It's lovely to know People care x.

Sent from my D5803 using Talking Point mobile app

2. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    I suppose all you can do is wait and see? Hopefully, they can give your mum something to ease her pain, in the meantime?

3. sky90

sky90 Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Eastsussex