UPDATE on my living nightmare!

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Some of you may remember my post a while ago, written in great distress after I found out an old friend of my dads had been fleecing him of thousands of pounds. I thought I would just let you know how things were going.
I have just recieved this information from my solictor and I am amazed! See what you think.......

"Dear Zoe

I have received a letter from XXXX XXXXXXXX. In it she talks about her friendship with your father and your mother. She also refers to the fact that he has been on holiday to her cottage in North Yorkshire and to her timeshare which she states was free of charge. She states she knows nothing at all about the Norwich Union and suggests that we contact them direct. Have you had any further information from Norwich Union?

She claims that your father asked her to marry him on many occasions and she only recalls one “present” which she says was for her birthday on 25 June.

I have written to her today repeating what I said earlier to her about the cheques for £3,000 on 14 March 2007 which by implication in her letter she claims to know nothing about. Before I do anything more than that I do need to know what you have been able to find out, or not as the case may be, about the £10,000 with Norwich Union."

OK.....now I am even more horrified than before. Does this woman think she is really going to get away with stealing approximately £20,000+ with these silly lies and excuses? It's almost laughable! I think its time to call the Police in and Ive told the solicitor that. Its just I KNOW it will distress dad terribly and he's doing so well at the moment. How the heck am I going to get him through it all? *Sighs... Why are some people so evil? Who on earth are we supposed to trust in life if not our oldest friends? Do I risk making dad ill with the worry of all this? Can I live with that woman getting away with what she has done for the sake of dads health?
Im full of questions and cannot find the answers.
Sorry to moan yet again, Im just at a loss at what to do and know theres only you who will truly understand.:(

On a MUCH better note, ive also just had a phone call from Attendance Allowance bods....dads awarded the higher rate, backdated from April...WEHEY!!!!:D He givethethetheth and he takethethetheth away!:D

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Zoe: I suppose if you're a baddun you're a baddun. Furthermore, fortunately most people who try this sort of thing not only aren't master criminals, they aren't even particularly bright. Definitely time for the Police, I would agree. You have to follow through with this even at the risk of distressing your father - if she did it to him, she could do it to someone else AND one of the things about being a carer for someone with dementia: you're honour bound to ensure that they retain everything they're entitled to.

Love

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
Zoe: definitely call the police, people who take adavantage of the weaker members of our society are the lowest of the low.:mad:

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Zoe,

I presume you have some answers to the cheques for £3,000 and the Norwich Union monies of £10,000? Or some evidence of what happened to them.

If so, consider taking action. I assume you have an EPA for your father, so he need not be involved I guess. If he does need to be involved, well I see your problem. See what happens with the police and get back to us.

Much love

Margaret

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Zoe,

I echo what Jennifer has said and wish you success in your endeavour to have your dad's finances sorted. Good Luck, Taffy.