1. chip

chip Registered User

Jul 19, 2005
    Scotland
    Well wish me luck. It looks like i now have backup as a report has been shown to advocacy who thought it was really awful. It has been given priority now. Looks like the "profesionals" have not been profesional, and depending on their answers it is going higher. Will keep you all updated. Thank goodness i kept a record of it all.

2. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Dear Chip,
    So glad you did keep a record of it. Wish I could do more than cheer from the sidelines. Go out there & give them hell.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m so pleased it`s going your way chip, but you shouldn`t have had to go through this in the first place.

You have right on your side.

Love xx

4. chip

chip Registered User

Jul 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I will be finding out about continuing care as well ,as she said he should qualify for that as well. Due to being now unstable and rapid deterioration- which could be their fault- This time i'm going to ask to see how its worked out as well. So will keep you all informed about that as well. Advocacy and me dont think he has been assesed for it. What i have found out is that continuing care has to be assesed before 24hr nursing care is assesed.

5. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Dear chip,
    So pleased things are looking positive for you, sorry to hear of the rapid deterioration. I hope that everything goes in your favour. Keep strong things seem to be moving in your direction. Take Care. Best of Luck. Taffy.:) :)

6. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Dear Chip,
    So pleased to hear you have people "in your court" as the saying goes. It must be a comfort to have others saying you are in the right and the others have been unprofessional and done the wrong thing.

Evven when we KNOW we are right, if everyone else seems to be ranged against us, we can begin to doubt ourselves. So thank goodness the advocacy services can see things clearly and help you.

I agree with Sylvia though - you should never have been put through all this.
    Wishing you all the best.