update on my dad

kirst

Jul 9, 2007
east riding
have not been on in a few weeks seem to have started to bottle things up and i dont know why got a phone call of my mum saturday in a right panic could i go with her and take her to the hospital the home had rung her and said my dad was on his way to hospital could we go they thought he had had another stroke we rushed there he looked really unwell any way hours later he got moved on to aau and had had blood taken and the results came back they suspected kidney failure and he was dehydrated we stayed with him until the early hours of sunday morning got home worrying all night we went back the next day this time it wasnt to serious it was a kidney infection the hospital sent him back to the home he looked really well in just under 24 hrs then yesterday we got great news for us all the home near my mum rang and said they had got a place for dad we are moving him there on friday so now we can see alot more of him

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Kirst, you must have been so frightened for your dad. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be as serious as you feared. It's great news that you've got a place for him at the home you want.

Please don't bottle things up, we like to hear what's going on with the TP 'family', good news or bad. We'll always try to support you.

I hope all goes well for you on Friday.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Kirst,
So pleased your dad is much better it must be a huge relief for you and your mum. Great news on a bed becoming available for your dad, nearer to home. I hope all goes well on Friday. Regards. Taffy.