Update on mum

sheilarees53

Apr 11, 2006
Beckenham Kent
Mum's doctor visited the NH today and because I couldn't take time off work to be there, he rang me at work.

He said that mum has deteriorated greatly, is hardly eating or drinking but he didn't believe that she was in any pain. I told him that we had decided that we wanted her kept comfortable for the time she has left and medical intervention only if she were to become distressed in any way. He was really kind and said that I could ring him at any time.

I didn't get to see mum today as I had a doctor's appointment after work but my eldest daughter and I are going to see her tomorrow afternoon. I know my daughter is scared of seeing her nan the way she is now but she feels she has to go.

Whenever I think of the way mum was when I saw her yesterday I am reduced to tears. Such a sad time.

Take care Sheila

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Sheila,

Such a very hard time for you and your family. I'm glad your doctor is supportive.

I think your daughter will be glad she has seen her Nan, altho' she will be upset no doubt. In the long term, she will feel better that she took the chance to see her when shhe could.

Sending your loving thoughts for strength to sustain you in the very difficult days ahead.

Lotti

Jul 31, 2007
Dear Sheila,
I will think of you and your daughter whilst I am visiting my mum in NH tomorrow afternoon too. Hopefully washing her hair.
I hope your daughter will be ok,
Regards
Lotti