Update on mum - was asking about pregabalin

Jenny11

Jul 18, 2022
Oh ... I can't keep going through this. Nobody phoned me from the nursing home to update me about the doctor's visit yesterday.

My mum has another UTI so more antibiotics to keep her alive so we can carry on watching her deteriorate. ?

Your mother is deteriorating... Oh it's an infection....your mother has started the dying process .. Oh it's an infection. She's better than yesterday ... Oh.. On and on and on.

I have no idea how I'm going to live with this stress indefinitely...

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh ... I can't keep going through this. Nobody phoned me from the nursing home to update me about the doctor's visit yesterday.

My mum has another UTI so more antibiotics to keep her alive so we can carry on watching her deteriorate. ?

Your mother is deteriorating... Oh it's an infection....your mother has started the dying process .. Oh it's an infection. She's better than yesterday ... Oh.. On and on and on.

I think dad's death within twenty-four hours of being admitted to hospital was rather merciful. I think you should try to have another routine going. Do you have children and if so try to focus on them but you must look after yourself? Make sure you eat properly and try to rest and sleep and remember that someone is looking after your mum.

MaNaAk

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020

Hi Jenny11: All I can say is you're not on your own. Medical professionals I've found don't seem to be on the same "hymn sheet" so to speak!! I keep getting told different information regarding mum. One day she has an infection and high temperature, she's not going to make it. The next day she is ok, no high temperature and no infection... I am up and down like a yo yo which I'm sure you are too. It's probably no consolation to you but "we are in same rocking boat". Like you said to me yesterday try and take it hour by hour. I know this is hard. Take care and try and do all the things I'm probably not doing .... eating properly, sleeping and trying to function. X

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hi Jenny11: All I can say is you're not on your own. Medical professionals I've found don't seem to be on the same "hymn sheet" so to speak!! I keep getting told different information regarding mum. One day she has an infection and high temperature, she's not going to make it. The next day she is ok, no high temperature and no infection... I am up and down like a yo yo which I'm sure you are too. It's probably no consolation to you but "we are in same rocking boat". Like you said to me yesterday try and take it hour by hour. I know this is hard. Take care and try and do all the things I'm probably not doing .... eating properly, sleeping and trying to function. X
Make sure you do that as well @Roman223 .

Hugs

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
MaNaAk: I am trying but not doing a very good job of it! I burnt my dinner today, as my heart just isn't in anything anymore. Thank you though & Best wishes.
Is anyone with you? Accidents are more likely to happen at times like this believe me I know. Someone should be with you.

MaNaAk

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Is anyone with you? Accidents are more likely to happen at times like this believe me I know. Someone should be with you.

MaNaAk
No. Don't worry I'm fine. I have my 2 beloved cats. Thank you for your concern though. I appreciate this

Jenny11

Jul 18, 2022
I think dad's death within twenty-four hours of being admitted to hospital was rather merciful. I think you should try to have another routine going. Do you have children and if so try to focus on them but you must look after yourself? Make sure you eat properly and try to rest and sleep and remember that someone is looking after your mum.

MaNaAk
I have 2 grown children and one grandson. A new one on the way but early days with that one yet There's a lot going on as I'm also trying to look after dad. I have my own business which I run by myself. I have to try & find new premises for this & it's proving impossible. Pulled every which way... No wonder I'm emotionally exhausted all the time!
I probably shouldn't have but I emailed the nursing home tonight to say how very upset I've been over what happened this weekend. My dad is now looking at a £4,000 bill for my mother's care for the past 4 months, as they've taken this long to work out how much we have to pay. I'm trying to persuade my aunt not to visit my mum next month when she comes home from Australia. It'll likely upset her too much. It's just exhausting putting one foot in front of the other...

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
£4000 for 4 months is fairly cheap believe it or not. Presumably the councl are also contributing.

Hard when it comes in a big chunk like that

Jenny11

Jul 18, 2022
£4000 for 4 months is fairly cheap believe it or not. Presumably the councl are also contributing.

Hard when it comes in a big chunk like that
The nursing home is part funded by the council. So my mother is paying 2/3s of the cost based on income. The care home is getting around £1,000 a week for my mum if you include the NHS nursing supplement. And for this they can't even wash her hair!! ?.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The nursing home is part funded by the council. So my mother is paying 2/3s of the cost based on income. The care home is getting around £1,000 a week for my mum if you include the NHS nursing supplement. And for this they can't even wash her hair!! ?.
Unbelievably, £1,000 a week is actually reasonable cheap. It is unusual these days to find somewhere that is less than that, and nursing homes are usually more expensive than straightforward care homes. OH has recently had two weeks respite in a nursing home, it cost £1,400 per week and I considered this reasonably priced.

When the cost is added up over 4 months, though, it can come as a big shock.

Jenny11

Jul 18, 2022
Unbelievably, £1,000 a week is actually reasonable cheap. It is unusual these days to find somewhere that is less than that, and nursing homes are usually more expensive than straightforward care homes. OH has recently had two weeks respite in a nursing home, it cost £1,400 per week and I considered this reasonably priced.

When the cost is added up over 4 months, though, it can come as a big shock.
We're in Wales. It's calculated differently.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976