Update on Lionel

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
How perfectly put, Nutty Nan. Connie was iconic on TP for me and through her felt I knew Lionel through her selflessness in sharing their story and experiences, her wisdom and the work she did to inspire others through TP and beyond.

Whenever I think of Connie the words that come to mind are such as: grace, devotion, good-humour, determination ...

Thank you, Lynne, for this ‘final update’. May they both now rest in peace.

Condolences to those family and friends now affected. May they know the inspiration Connie and Lionel gave to others through some of their own most difficult times.

Karen, x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I am lost for words but would like to offer my condolences to Lionel's family. May you rest in peace Lionel - you were much loved.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Like so many others on here, I followed Connie and Lionel's story from when I joined TP. I am sorry to read of Lionel's passing but take comfort that he is now reunited with Connie. Wondeful couple and such inspiration.

My condolences to Lionel's family during this sad time.

Fiona
x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Lynne

Thank you for your update about Connie's Lionel. I have often wondered how Lionel was and I often think of Connie.

I joined TP in May 2010, so I never knew Connie as long nor as intimately as many of you did. I read back through many of her posts, watched her wonderful videos, and of course read the posts she still wrote. Connie touched me deeply, she was unique. But you all know that, a very special lady.

May they rest in peace together, Connie and her beloved Lionel.

Loo xx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Not sure how to explain how I feel........sad that a life has ended in this way...... relieved that the suffering is over for both of them now and they are hopefully together again.......... inspired by their love of each other and their fight with both life and death.
Sad that their story has ended and the book is now closed.......but a one that will stay in my memory for a long long time.

I can't think of Lionel as a seperate person, I think of him as one half of Connie.
I hope they are both at peace now......and if there is such a thing as God, then i hope he's holding them both tight, because it's the least they deserve and the very least he owes them.

Alex x

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
The circle is completed.

I was reading an old thread the other day on which Connie had posted several responses. There she was in the photograph avatar, there she was in what she had written. And thanks to the video she had made, you could put a voice to her words and hear her speaking them.

So no longer physically here, but still in the virtual world of TP.

My condolences to Lionel's family x

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Another chapter sadly closes.

Both Connie and Lionel were Celebrities to me. Not the kind of quickly passing, studio created Celebrities to be seen on certain TV programmes but the kind that earned Celebrity status through years of devotion and dedication to each other.

The kind that gently touched the lives of so many that knew them. The kind that earned the respect of others through genuine concern, kindness, good sense, humour and love.

I shall remember them both with affection and am sure they will be granted the peace now that they deserve.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
gone but not forgotten

Like others have said I often wondered what happened to Lionel after Connie's passing. I guess the carer predeceasing the cared for is quite common and unfortunately does mean an end to communications. We feel we "knew" Lionel through the video clips and Connie's postings and so mourn both here and in the world we each live in.

As a couple they became so real to us all and so we must mourn Lionel's passing also.

Sue.

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Thank you Lynne, please pass my condolences to the family.
The journey is now over for Lionel, and he can rest.
Connie & Lionel, as has been said, a wonderful couple.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Thank you so much for letting us know about Lionel. As other have already said Connie's journey through his illness helped so many of us here on TP. I'm sure she would have wanted us to know the sad news. I miss Connie's kindness and understanding so much.

xxTinaT

louise@weinprop

May 12, 2005
Connie & Lionel

I am heartbroken to hear not only of Lionel's passing but also Connie. She was always an inspiration to me when I joined after my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers nearly 10 years ago. I have wondered so many times how they both were, each time I leave the nursing home heartbroken. Connie was my pillar of strength.
May their dear souls rest in peace.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I missed this sad news when Lynne first posted it, but she kindly let me know later. Today I will be thinking of Connie and the laughs we had and the brightness she brought to every occasion, and of course Connie and Lionel together and the tender care she gave him as long as it was physically possible for her.

I will also be thinking of everyone on TP who is still travelling this sad road.