Update on Lionel

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Hazel. It`s good to see both Connie and Lionel. No one would tell from appearances how poorly they both are.

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Thank you for sharing those lovely photo's, as you say Lionel is content, thats good, he seems quite peaceful in the photo's. Love to you Connie xxxxx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I agree with Sylvia. They look just the same as photos Connie has posted from a few years ago. I'm sure Connie will be glad to hear this as she looks as beautiful now as she always has!

xxTinaT

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you for the update. The photos are wonderful and it is good to hear that Lionel seems to have plateaued.

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Thank you for the update & the lovely photo's.

Connie looks as immaculate as ever:) No-one would ever know the rotten hand of cards she has been dealt, I don't know how she does it.

Love & Best wishes to Connie & Lionel.

Mo
xx

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Hazel

Lovely photos,you would never think looking at Connie that she is unwell,glad to hear that Lionel is well,best wishes to all of you Marian xx

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
thanks hazel for posting these lovely photos i agree with others how lovely connie looks given the circumstances im sure your visit did them a world of good my love to connie and loinel milly

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
What lovely photos of you all but particularly dear Connie and Lionel.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Love

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Thank you Hazel. My very best wishes to you all, of course, especially Connie & Lionel. It's nice to be able to put faces to the names.

Lots of love, Necion. xxxx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Final Update on Lionel ...

Connie's son Simon has phoned me today to say that Lionel died on Thursday 1st March.

The poor man has been "out of it" for a couple of years, well before Connie became ill herself, unable to speak or recognise his visitors, even Connie. Before she died in August she said that she wished he had gone before she did, so she didn't have to worry about his continuing care when she was no longer around to oversee it. Bless them, now they are both at rest.

His funeral will be on 22nd March at 2.15pm, at Ipswich West Chapel, in case anyone who remembers Connie would like to think kind thoughts or a farewell prayer.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I am so sorry to hear this Lynne.

Connie and Lionels journey was one of the first I followed
when joining TP, and I have often wondered how he was.

I hope that Lionel has now found peace and is reunited with Connie.
Please pass my condolences to the family.

Geum xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thank you Lynne for updating us. I have often wondered how Lionel was and its with much sadness I hear this news. When I first joined TP Connie was still taking Lionel out to restaurants occasionally. We often compared notes of the mayhem that this caused sometimes.
anyone who remembers Connie would like to think kind thoughts or a farewell prayer.
Most certainly will.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Lynne, thank you for letting everyone on TP know. I was just thinking about Connie this morning and how kind she was when new people joined TP.
My sincere condolences to the family.

turbo

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
When I first found TP, it was Connie's posts that I followed and I have wondered how Lionel was. I always found her posts and the film items she did very touching.

A sad but inevitable conclusion, but they are now together.

They seemed to be a lovely couple.

Last edited:

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Lynne, hi
Thank you, I have been thinking about Lionel a lot these fast few weeks and he has kept coming into my mind, I'm so pleased to hear that his journey here has finished and Connie's worries are now over, bless them both.

I hope it's a lovely celebration of his life on 22 March, just as it should be.
With kind regards from Jo

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Rest in Peace

Lionel and Connie re-united ...... their names and their story stands for TP, Connie was always there with a friendly reply and an encouraging word, and although I never met either of them I felt I knew more about them and their journey than of many friends and colleagues.
I will remember them both, and will think of them and their families as another chapter comes to a close.
C.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976