Update on Lionel

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dearest Connie
Just caught up with your posts and I am so sorry things are not good.
I am sending you both my love and you are always in my thoughts.
Take care.
Much love Roseann xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Connie, sending you love and kind thoughts. Well done for tending so carefully to Lionel. I hope the consultant psychologist included you in his praise for carers. You always care so beautifully.
x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Red letter day...............

As some of you know I cannot get to visit my lovely man as often as I would like these days, due to problems with my health.

I received a visit from two of his friends earlier today and then they went off to see Lionel. This is part of the email I received from them this evening. You can imagine how happy it made me feel.

""It was really great seeing you today and we just hope that we didn't tire you too much. We went on to see Lionel and on arrival he was in the lounge at a church service which was lovely. The vicar was talking about Remembrance Day and also about the forthcoming royal wedding, said a few prayers and then sung a hymn at the end. He then went round blessing everyone and Lionel was the first to be blessed which was lovely.

Lionel looked good and was very peaceful. We think he has lost weight since our last visit but this is not surprising in view of his eating difficulties. The staff, as usual, were very attentive and they are so fond of Lionel.""

I just wanted to share my good feelings with you .
It is these occasions I miss with him, but comforted to know that nothing alters even when I cannot be there myself.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That is so good to know Connie and must help you a great deal, even though we all know you would much prefer to be able to see for yourself.

How is the chemo affecting you? I hope it`s better than last time. It`s lovely to see you on line.

Love xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It is such a blessing when you can get news such as this. How you deserve good friends Connie who have been so kind today. It is just the sort of thing I know you would have done for them.

I hope that the chemo is going OK and that it isn't taking too much out of you. Stay strong my love.

Thinking of you as always

xxTinaT

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Lovely to read your news, Connie, and to see your green 'person' lit up.:)
I hope you are resting and gathering your strength and that you are being taken very good care of. Love Deborah x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I don't know why Connie but I just burst into tears reading this post. It was very touching - right into the heart of me.
I think it hit many emotions all at once. I often say on Talking Point that "I imagine" this or "I imagine that" but I can't imagine what you must be going through without crying!!

I think you are truly amazing and only wish that Talking Point could support you more in these times.

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
and Lionel was the first to be blessed which was lovely.

It was lovely Connie but I am thinking how blessed he is to have you watching over him and special friends who care about you both.

I do think about you often.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Connie

What a lovely post.:)

I'm so glad that you and Lionel have such good friends, and how thoughtful of them to email you and tell you about Lionel. It must have been so moving to hear of him being blessed.

Love and hugs,

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Connie, how lovely to hear from you

I am so glad that you and Lionel are having visitors and such good ones too, good communication is a blessing in itself.

Take good care of yourself, with love and support from Jo

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Connie has asked me to update her thread, as so many of you have said you miss the updates.

Connie, Gigi and I visited Lionel last Friday. He was asleep when we arrived, but woke up later, and responded with smiles. He’s actually better than he was a few months ago, having fewer seizures, not crying, and being quite well and content. The staff were taking him through for a concert in the afternoon. It was lovely to meet him after following Connie’s thread from the beginning.

The home is lovely, and the staff treated Connie as part of the family. It was a lovely visit.

Photographs with Connie’s permission:

Connie Lionel 2.jpg Connie & Lionel

Gigi Lionel Connie.jpg Gigi, Lionel & Connie

Connie Lionel Hazel.jpg Connie, Lionel & Hazel