Update on Lionel

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
A very big hug from me too my lovely Connie. All you can work for is the same as so many of us and that is that he is kept safe, warm and as comfortable as he can be and I know you have, and always will, fight for his best interests. Love expanded into deep concern and care that he gets the best you can get him. We cannot do any more.

Being in a similar situation myself gives me so much empathy with your thoughts.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Connie , sorry that Lionel is losing weight, just put my thumb and forfinger together and was shocked that that circumforenced Lionels ankle, Trev had a speight of loosing weight and looked like he had been in a concentration camp, with sunken cheeks and ribs on show, it is so hard to see our lovely men this way, I agree with you about wanting them to be comfortable and cared for without too much intervention, how are you feeling, do you have someone staying with you? The sun is shining here hope it is on you, always makes me feel happier. love to you both Pam

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Connie, hello
You and Lionel are in my thoughts, I do hope that you can both find some peace in the days to come.
kind regards, Jo

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Dear Connie,
I am so sad for you, and I totally agree: quality over quantity, Lionel needs to be kept safe, comfortable and pain-free, I am glad that you can trust the staff in his care home in that respect. I hope that you get plenty of TLC, too. I think of you both very often, and send you best wishes. Be strong!
Love, C. x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Connie:
As always your strength and love for Lionel come through clearly in your posts. It is sad to read of his deterioration but you know how the care staff will continue to keep him comfortable.

My heart goes out to you and I wish more could be done.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Connie

Thinking about you both just now.

This must be such a difficult time for you.

Love as always...:)

xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Dearest Connie

my thoughts and hopes are with you both.

It is such a dreadful time, I know.

As always you are doing the best that anyone could possibly do.

I hope that things will improve over the time to come.

God bless

Bruce
xxx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Arranged transport to take me to see Lionel yesterday.

Yes he still looks thin and tired, but peaceful.

I cut his hair, and then washed it. Although he had been shaved I gave him a nice soap and water shave, much closer. Cut his fingernails etc.

Not once did he show any sign of recognition in any way. (Sad)
The consultant psychologist made his visit last week (about every 6/8 months) and commented that he was surprised that Lionel was still there. He praised the staff for their continued dedication to good care.

It is all we can hope for I guess.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Connie

nice to hear from you again!

Not once did he show any sign of recognition in any way.

I thought this, frequently, with my visits to see Jan.

I hold in my heart the fact that she was squeezing my hand the day she died. She knew I was there but could not show it in normal visits, but made the effort that last time.

It will be the same for Lionel, believe me. He knows you are there. He is just saving his energy.

Please take care of yourself too!

xxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Oh Connie you are wonderful,
Your visit to Lionel must have so dramatic for you and I'm pleased to hear that you got there and were able to make sure that his care is good.
Take care of yourself, best wishes, Jo

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiabarbour