1. sammyb

sammyb Registered User

Sep 19, 2007
    Nottingham
    Just to let you know that we have been given 2 weeks. He will stay at home throughout. The sad thing though is that, close to the end, the carers will have to change from the lovely ones we have now to medical ones instead - nurses I think. And we know how much laddo hates medical people. Apparently they can't do a joint package. I hope by then he is beyond knowing and I will be with him when they are here so he is not frightened by their hospital type uniforms and their injections. 2 of our current carers wouldn't normally work this bank holiday but are doing so just to come and look after laddo. How very kind. The carers are as devastated as I am and our family. I am well supported and sure I don't deserve it because my friends have all but set up a rota so, as one leaves after a 2 hour visit, the next one arrives. And if I have to be with laddo whilst they are here they do the washing up or dish out the meals they have brought me. So very very kind. But I can be nothing else but absolutely heartbroken except part of me thinks it is a mercy because of how things could have been over the next few years.

Love from sammyb

2. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Thank you for sharing this with us. I am thinking about you and pleased you are getting much support.
    God Bless
    Jan

3. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    I really feel for you at this time. How wonderful that you have so much support when you really need it. I am thinking of you.

Linda x

4. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Sammyb,

Am pleased to hear you have such good support...professionally and from friends and family...

My thoughts are with you and laddo...

Lots of love gigi xx

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Thank you for posting sammy. Our thoughts are with you.
    Love xx

6. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    What a lovely group of friends you have , Glad to read you have your friends around you now when you need them most . Sending you laddo my Love xx

7. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    Oh Sammy my heart goes out to you and your laddo. What wonderful friends you both have.
    You're both in my prayers.
    Love
    Jackie
    xxx

8. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Sammy,
    May you be granted the strength to get you through each day.
    Love to you and Laddo

Love from
    Christine

9. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Sammy

Thinking of you, use all the love and support your family and friends are giving you.

Take care

10. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear sammy,

with all that you and laddo are facing you certainly deserve all the help you can get. I do hope that you find whatever it takes (strength/courage/faith) to see you through the forthcoming weeks.

Love n'hugs. Con x

11. lesmisralbles

lesmisralbles Account Closed

Nov 23, 2007
    Dear Sammmy

We send our love.
    God bless
    Barb & RonXX

12. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Dear Sammy,

I'm pleased you have such wonderful support my sympathy for what you have to endure. Caring Thoughts, Taffy.

13. Mameeskye

Mameeskye Registered User

Aug 9, 2007
    NZ
    Hi SAmmy

(((((((hugs))))))))

I am so glad that you have such good support at this sad sad time. Good friends are hard to find but worth more than money can ever buy.

Love to you, laddo and your friends at this distressing time

Mameeskye

14. ROSEANN

ROSEANN Registered User

Oct 1, 2006
    staffordshire
    Dear Sammy
    Just to let you know you are in our thoughts.
    So glad you have the surport you need ( what good friends you have).
    Please take care of your self over the coming weeks.
    Much love
    Roseann x

15. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Sammy

I'm so upset to read your post. What a dreadful blow for you.

I'm glad you have such good friends, who are taking such good care of you. You need all the support you can get.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Laddo.

Love,