Update on hubby in CH

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
My hubby has been in a CH now for 5 months. It has been a very difficult time, many ups and downs, he has escaped 3 times, jumping over a 6ft fence, bought back to the CH safely. He is now refusing all medication, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, yesterday a carer and I took him out for a walk, he was so happy to be free, the children were coming out of school, he was so pleased to see them, daffodils were out in most of the gardens, and the sun was shining, we felt so happy, after 40mins we arrived back at the CH, hubby had no idea of where we were, we did past by his sister's home but he did not recognise it. Entering back into the CH all the staff welcomed him back, he was so happy, and so was I.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Hope this is a step on the way to better things for both of you. You have had a very hard time of it and we are with you emotionally.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Pam, how lovely that you were able to take your husband out for a walk and get him back 'home' safe and relaxed. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounded like a very special outing pamann.

That your husband did not recognise his sister`s home and was so happy to be back in the care home makes me wonder if he was trying to escape from himself, rather then the home, when he climbed the wall.

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
my hubby has been in care for a year now and the other visit he had a yellow fluffy duck and a box of orange chocolates,none of them being his,but also had lost his glasses thats the 5th pair a pair of shoes shower gel and talc.when i went to find him he was in someones room,some times it is quite funny what arrives in his room and as i visit a lot you can see the other residents going from room to room picking up any thing that takes their fancy,just go with it it sorts itself out a carer will say thats so and so- so it goes back where it belongs but for how long is any ones guess so dont take it to heart

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi pamann
a good walk - children's laughter - daffodils - sunshine - and a warm welcome back
a lovely post
so pleased for you both

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
So pleased for you after all you've been through. Hope its the start of many happy walks together xx

sah

Apr 20, 2009
Dorset
I so needed to read something like this today. Gives me something to look forward to! Long may it continue.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hubby's walk.
Thank you everyone for your lovely posts, today hubby was happy, friends visited him, he new who they were, the last time they visited him he did not know them, that walk did wonders, although he does not remember going out yesterday, l even managed to get him showered, which is normally a difficult task.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone, just to let you know hubby is going for walks now twice a week, hoping to go everyday when weather permits, he is so much happier now he is getting out in the fresh air, no trouble getting him back to the CH.
Makes me feel so much better.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Heartwarming news Pam. :) I know you were torn every which way, when you first had to consider Care Homes, and it's wonderful that hubby has settled in so well, and that you're at peace with your decision xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA