Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Jan,
I'm so sorry to hear how David is declining. It must be so very painful to see. I hope that at least he is reasonably comfortable. Our thoughts are with you.
Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

I have nothing to add to what has been said already but want you to know how much I feel for you both.
My only hope is David feels no discomfort and you continue to have the strength to cope.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
so sorry to hear about Davids down turn it must be so hard for you my thoughts are with you both love larivy

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Dear Beckyjan

I have just caught up on this post for the 1st time. You and David have been having a hard time for so long.

It is indeed a sad post and the pain of having to watch David like this must be extremely difficult.

I can only add my love to everyone else's and pray for strength to help you through.

love and kindest thoughts
Bastan. xx

normelle

Apr 25, 2010
bournemouth
hi jan

i am really sorry to learn that david is no better..

OH,how i know what you are going through,
i wish you and david all the love in the world to help you through this.
please keep us posted ,as,and when you can,,we are all praying for you both
love normelle xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Jan,

This is so sad to read, but always expected, I suppose.

Nothing I can say will change things..but please know that I'm here and understand how you are feeling.

You and David are much in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs

xx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Jan

I am so sorry to read your latest post and can only say I am thinking of you and David and wishing you strength for the days ahead.

Love

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Jan..I am so sorry to read your latest post. It is so hard to keep going and watching our loved ones coping in another world. I do hope David has some clear moments to help you both.

I, sadly, am in the same position with Trevor, sleeping most of the time or talking to the air and waving his arms around...but now and then he has a clear few minutes which I hang on to, so I do hope David can have these moments to help you both. It is such a cruel disease, you have to experience it to know exactly how devastating it is.

take care, both of you

love
Bronwen x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Jan , it is so sad to hear of Davids deteriation. this illness is so cruel to all it touches, sending you my love and hope you are given the strength to cope. thinking of you both Pam

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Not a lot to report except David has not improved at all. The nurse said she wanted the Doctor to check him over again. Told me not to be alarmed but after two days away she came back to see a big change in him – could not (or would not) explain why. I see a difference and so do other friends who have visited. We also find it hard to pinpoint exactly what it is.

He coughed a lot again after I fed him his tea this evening. This is becoming a common occurrence. It really worries me as I have fears of lung aspiration.

It will be interesting to know what his Doctor thinks.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

I hope David is not too uncomfortable. Does the coughing distress him? It must be so hard for you to watch. X

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Yes the coughing does distress him. In between he murmers 'help, help' and I find it hard because I cannot do anything :eek:.

In between these bouts he is reasonably content but mostly sleeping.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Jan, I'm sorry that your visit was so distressing today.:( David does have thickeners in his drinks doesn't he? That is supposed to make the drinks easier to swallow.
I hope the coming week provides some answers when the doctor checks David over. x

Status
Not open for further replies.