Update on dad- hospital and urosepsis.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear all,

Just a bit of an update on dad. He had a rough night, but today the nurse said he’s on oral antibiotics now, not IV. Is really confused. He’s talking his meds ok and drunk some juice, but not a lot. Not really eating. He’s still got blood in his catheter and they’re keeping an eye on that. The hospital wants to discharge him tomorrow or Friday back to the care home, with a few extra provisos. Like some of you said in my last post about dad, IV antibiotics work wonders.

I spoke to him very briefly, it was lovely even though he made no sense. Enjoy the little things. ?

Thanks for all your support, previously.

Suex

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Sounds a bit more hopeful ?& a relief for you. I hope your dad continues to improve. The increased confusion plus eating & drinking is always a concern following hospital admission hopefully these too will improve.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Sounds a bit more hopeful ?& a relief for you. I hope your dad continues to improve. The increased confusion plus eating & drinking is always a concern following hospital admission hopefully these too will improve.
Yes, it does. A huge relief for the moment. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Glad your dad will shortly be on his way back to the care home. Hospitals are not great places to be if you have dementia.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Glad your dad will shortly be on his way back to the care home. Hospitals are not great places to be if you have dementia.
Yes. Thanks for your reply. He is waiting to be moved back to the home today.

Last edited: