Update on Alan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
As you know the decorators are in gutting the living and dining rooms and things are going well on that score.

Alan was very paranoid yesterday and it was difficult to get through to him that whenever he heard their voices, they weren't talking about him or us - they were just talking! He seems really quite unwell at these times.

Monday went well and again it showed the benefit of having a sitter because she took him out and it took his mind off what was happening here. Today Alan is disturbed and the weather is bad so he can't even go outside. The sitter is coming again tomorrow and now I feel it's essential rather than an optional extra!

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Lynne

All week. I am assured they will finish by Friday but I'm not so sure as there is so much to do.

How are you?

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Helen..

If it's any comfort Eric cannot tolerate any sort of disturbance in the house..

We desperately need to decorate but it'll have to wait.

It was bad enough having the builders in next door over the summer..he became very agitated about the comings and goings..and whether they were stealing our land....:eek:

Love gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Helen

I couldn`t possibly have decorators in now and some of our rooms are badly in need.

We had the outside painted during the summer, by a known workman who is very good with Dhiren, but even so, he asked all and every day how much longer the work would take.

It`s not paranoia with Dhiren it`s more a sense of intrusion.

I`m glad you have your sitter to help Alan through this and really hope it will be finished within the said week.

Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Gigi and Sylvia

The sad thing is that I wasn't in need of decoration but I had a small leak which did a little damage to the ceiling. The insurers insisted on gutting the place and it even involved a whole new ceiling:eek: As the rooms are connected I was told they had to do them both.

I kept putting the work off - it should have been done months ago but I couldn't face it and I felt Alan had enough going on. This seemed the best possible time.

Love

SkiTTish

Sep 13, 2008
Good luck and hope they get finished soon :)
Mum wouldnt mind atall only trouble is they wouldnt get any work done as she would be trying to talk to them most of the time:D
Nothing understandable comes out but she enjoys the interaction all the same and could do it all day :D:eek:

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Hope they finish soon Helen, just think of the nice rooms you will have after it will all be worth it.

it will be my turn next week with the central heating.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan