Update from J D M

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
I have just had further visit from Social Services. So much to take in. What with care, visitors to check me and benefits. Social Services are talking about sheltered accomodation although they say that with the right help and care package it is possible to live as I am. Problem is Wife has Power of Attorney and even though she has left me they have to discuss everything with her. Neighbour knew where she is staying. I do not know where she is.

We own our home and it seems as though she wants me out so I do not know what is going to happen yet as to my future living arrangements. I am being taken to the doctors this afternoon to get some help as I have sunk into a very deep depression and just cannot cope. Everything is so confused I cannot keep still and keep looking for my wife and am talking more to myself (I think) than usual. I am sorry I do not know what is going on I am so confused and rambling. I know my illness will/has been getting worse and I do not blame my wife for going. If she can get some happiness without having to watch me get worse then I am just thankfull for the time we had together. I have always and still will always love her as long as my memory lasts. Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing of sorts that I have this terrible disease.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
My goodness J D M, your love and generosity shine through this post.
I am so glad you are being supported through all this.

I'm not sure whether or not you wish your wife to retain Power of Attorney. Strictly, I believe, as long as you have capacity you are in charge of your own finances, health etc. and the POA is only there for 'in case'. Should you wish to change the POA you are at liberty to do so.

Thanks for the update - keep them coming. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think it`s very unfair for the Power of Attorney not to have left a contact address or phone number J D M and if there is anyone more suitable this might be the time to make a change. I thought a power of attorney had to promise to act in your best interests and if you cannot contact them how on earth can that happen.

It`s good to know you are getting support elsewhere.

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
Doctor came here for visit. Not all as it seems. I have had some kind of episode and he gave me meds after explaining what is going on even written down in my wee book. When I read it I do not understand all of it yet. I have an infection and it made me, sorry I do not know the word. I am getting the proper treatment now. I hope you will please understand. Sorry I can not write anymore just know so tired confussed I will post soon. If any one wants me to.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Of course we want you to post J D M
sorry to hear about the infection - maybe a UTI (urinary tract infection - they are quite common) - if so it can cause confusion so glad you are getting the meds for it
Sleep well tonight :)

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hi JMD I'm so pleased that you have seen the doctor and hope the medicine will make you feel better soon. Sleep well tonight and please do keep posting, we would miss you if you did not xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello J D M

Has the doctor explained to you how even the smallest infection can cause an increased confusion in people with dementia?

Hopefully once the treatment has cleared the infection you will not feel as confused.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
JDM, as others have said infections can cause additional problems until they are cleared up. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Take care of yourself

Love

Lyn T XX