Update: coming off Risperidone

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Just thought I would up date re my OH and his weaning off risperidone.

He's been off it completely now for 12 days and the difference is amazing.
He never had aggression it was more an all consuming obsession that had to be full filled, however, for safety reasons it had to stop and was something I couldn't allow, so I was very close to the edge of a breakdown.

Anyway after taking it for 2 yrs and losing much of his physical abilities, having to have aid with most things he now:
walks his legs every morning to the edge of the bed to get up,
his walking is getting better a much more upright stance, not such a shuffling gait,
he crosses and uncrosses his legs to aid rolling,
helps with rolling by moving his torso,
did 3 leg lifts to the count of 10 with each leg this morning before getting up,
does 5 squats with the aid of his riser chair each morning to strengthen his quads and hamstrings
and has returned to feeding himself.

His joints are far less rigid and his thinking and clarity of understand has cleared somewhat and in most cases is far quicker.
At this point in time the best thing that has happened in a long while and he shows no signs of needing substitute meds.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Just thought I would up date re my OH and his weaning off risperidone.

He's been off it completely now for 12 days and the difference is amazing.
He never had aggression it was more an all consuming obsession that had to be full filled, however, for safety reasons it had to stop and was something I couldn't allow, so I was very close to the edge of a breakdown.

Anyway after taking it for 2 yrs and losing much of his physical abilities, having to have aid with most things he now:
walks his legs every morning to the edge of the bed to get up,
his walking is getting better a much more upright stance, not such a shuffling gait,
he crosses and uncrosses his legs to aid rolling,
helps with rolling by moving his torso,
did 3 leg lifts to the count of 10 with each leg this morning before getting up,
does 5 squats with the aid of his riser chair each morning to strengthen his quads and hamstrings
and has returned to feeding himself.

His joints are far less rigid and his thinking and clarity of understand has cleared somewhat and in most cases is far quicker.
At this point in time the best thing that has happened in a long while and he shows no signs of needing substitute meds.
That’s good news ?