Unsure

Bikingbint

Jan 18, 2015
Hi, I am looking for a care home for mum and had a rather stupid question. Does anyone have any experience of parent having to share a room in the care home and how they coped/liked it etc. Mum is LA funded and I like one place in particularly what is holding me back is that the room is a shared room.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hi, no experience of shared rooms in CH but a couple of negative questions..... bearing in mind that Dementia is a potentially degregading illness, would you want your parent to been seen by a "sharee" or their visitors in a state of undress/unclean/ distress or to witness their roomie is a similar state?
And...even if they get on initally, what if they fall out, fall out with visitors, squabble over possessions or what if the roomie died, would your relative want someone else in the room?

As a very temporary measure, if it is the ONLY suitable home, and if it is written in the care plan that a single room must be offered asap, then I might be prepared to accept....but it is a big IF.:rolleyes:

Bikingbint

Jan 18, 2015
I have decided to give the home with shared room a miss, I think I have found the ideal place and they have a vacancy at the moment, all fingers and toes crossed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC