University Final Year Project - Advice on Dementia Medication

Discussion in 'Researchers, students and professionals' started by Brame360, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Brame360

Brame360 Registered User

Oct 22, 2014
    Sheffield
    Hello,

I am a final year student at Sheffield Hallam University designing a product to aid people with Dementia.

I am trying to establish how many tablets a person with Dementia would take daily, and over how many doses.

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Joe.

2. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Joe - I've moved your thread to Researchers and Students as that's the most appropriate place for it.

As to how many tablets: that's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. Many people with dementia take no tablets at all, many people without dementia take loads (my non-dementia MIL is taking 8 different types of medication a day, and that doesn't include supplements).

You could look up standard prescriptions for the basic AD drugs, but most of the elderly have other medical conditions as well.

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    #3 nitram, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    Are you only asking for dementia related mediation or are you including any co-morbidities?

Also are patches and liquid form included?

And if co-morbidities included injections?

4. CaptainQuark

CaptainQuark Registered User

Feb 12, 2015
    UK/Australia
    It might help if we had a rough idea of the nature of the product you are working on.