Unexpected death

RebeccaH23

Mar 8, 2022
Hello my mom just passed away she had dementia I knew she had it it wasn't that bad it was like she misplaced her keys she had a doctor's appointment they wanted to run some tests on her she went to the hospital she was in there for a week she came out she couldn't walk talk or even set up by herself he was with us for a week and passed away I just don't understand

l-phillips7

Mar 6, 2022
Hello my mom just passed away she had dementia I knew she had it it wasn't that bad it was like she misplaced her keys she had a doctor's appointment they wanted to run some tests on her she went to the hospital she was in there for a week she came out she couldn't walk talk or even set up by herself he was with us for a week and passed away I just don't understand
I’m so sorry to hear about your mom my heart goes out to you for that to happen the way it did I wud be beside myself for my mom not to be talking and not very mobile like she used to I don’t no wot to think was it the seizure that’s done more damage, the information I was getting wasn’t helping at all I asked questions but some nurses just replied with oh im not sure you’ll have to phone in morning speak to charge nurse I just want her home now so I care for her properly and she’s happy and with her family and familiar faces x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @RebeccaH23
a warm welcome to DTP

so sorry that you lost your mom, and so unexpectedly ... my condolences

I think most of us have questions buzzing around in our mind when someone we love dies, it's part of the grieving and coming to terms with no longer having the person with us
sometimes there are conditions the person has that were not even known but sadly deteriorate ... maybe ask to speak with someone at the hospital or her GP

when my mum died, I put a photo of her waving happily into a lovely frame and placed it where I saw it every time I entered my living room ... I had to wave back, daft as that seems. which brought good memories to mind and helped me remember her with a smile

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@RebeccaH23 My condolences on the unexpected loss of your mother. My father also died completely unexpectedly and he was in Guatemala, so it was a very difficult time. Would it be possible for you to get some sort of official report from the hospital regarding your mother's death? Perhaps the death certificate would have some information. I'm so very sorry, it will get easier with time, but it can take a long time.

@l-phillips7 I hope you do get your mother home soon.

l-phillips7

Mar 6, 2022
@RebeccaH23 My condolences on the unexpected loss of your mother. My father also died completely unexpectedly and he was in Guatemala, so it was a very difficult time. Would it be possible for you to get some sort of official report from the hospital regarding your mother's death? Perhaps the death certificate would have some information. I'm so very sorry, it will get easier with time, but it can take a long time.

@l-phillips7 I hope you do get your mother home soon.
My mom has not passed she in hospital

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN