Understanding Instrutions

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
My uncle who has Alzheimer's seem to be going worse in his memory. He keeps on forgetting how to light the gas stove when he want's toast. So now I've drawn his a diagram and written instructions and it is on the kitchen wall. I not a great at sketching this oven but tried my best. I hope he will understand it the instructions.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I hope it helps him too @Kate221 , it may last a while. In my experience, though, written instructions eventually become meaningless and get ignored. You might want to think about what you can do when your dad reaches that stage. Usually they need an actual person around to direct them, or to do it for them.

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
I hope it helps him too @Kate221 , it may last a while. In my experience, though, written instructions eventually become meaningless and get ignored. You might want to think about what you can do when your dad reaches that stage. Usually they need an actual person around to direct them, or to do it for them.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Kate221
that's quite a worry ... using a gas oven and dementia can be a bad mix and it doesn't sound as though your uncle is safe
might be time to have the gas turned off and try a toaster

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
Don't worry about it. My father and I were estranged as he was an alcoholic. He passed when he was 73 and then afterwards my uncle was showing early stages of dementia near Christmas 2015. My mother and I was supposed to move but have to stay put at home for now because of the lockdown. So it's ok, Apology accepted. God bless you and take care x ??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonyati