Unbelievable

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
So far we've had no visit from the consultant/social worker. OUr GP was so worried after yesterday's visit that he rang me asking "have you seen anyone this morning?" and wasn;t pleased to hear we hadn't. I then rang the consultant and first got told "oh yes, he;s running a little late"

Then a while later I got another call saying "We're having trouble getting the social worker. But the consultant and SW will visit you either today or tomorrow"

I couldn't believe my ears. I expressed my opinion. "Oh we are aware of the urgency of the situation"

It sure as hell doesn't sound like it!

If this is how they respond to a crisis I dread to think how many people are left to carry on in less urgent circumstances.

salacious

May 25, 2008
west midlands
ridiculous

that is absolutely RIDICULOUS!:mad: but i agree with Grannie G, it is, as is life, the norm when you live in this failing country...

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
Consultant just rang - no visit today. "It will be happening tomorrow" he says.

Followed by "unfortunately we have no beds but xxx hospital is a possibility"

Meanwhile dad seems to have entered a lucid phase and I can see every possibility of the social worker refusing the section.

There seems an attitude of "well the patient isn;t threatening anyone with a knife so it;s all fine" even though my mum is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Just don't know what to say, it's just frightful.

How far away is the alternative hospital, and would it be acceptable?

Awful thing to say, but it would probably be better if another crisis were to blow up.

So sorry for you and your mum,

Love,

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Its an utter disgrace it really is. It makes one wonder now why some just turn up at the A and E out of sheer desperation.
I hope when things do get moving they are in the right direction. I wish I could give your Mum a hug and say it will all be ok soon.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Use the word escallate please.

All I can say and I know that I sound like and old record.

When you call tomorrow, use the word 'escallate' as much as you can. For some reason it seams to worry the kind of people your are dealing with. Their responsibilty becomes their managers responsibilty and they won't like that.

Sad but true in my experience.

I so wish you the best of luck and keep us informed
Kind Regards
Craig

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
I'm so sorry that you and your family are being let down so badly, from the very people who are supposed to be there to help.

I hope tomorrow you get some answers and the help you need for all of you.

Lanie

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Nebiroth,

So sorry you have been let down :mad:. All I can suugest is that you make a nuisance of yourself. It's disgraceful that you have to do this to be taken seriously.

I really wouldn't recommend just pitching up at A&E. In all likelihood you'll wait for hours and your Dad will end up on a ward which is totally inappropriate :(

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Nebiroth,

Unbelievable but unacceptable. You all need help now.

When Peter had a serious head injury & was taken from Nursing Home to A & E he had to wait for nearly 5 hours before he was seen.

Stiches put in dressing in his head and returned to Nursing Home because Hospital could not handle Alzheimer's patient.

Christine

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513