Unable to sit(or even lay) in straight position! Help

Lady M

Sep 15, 2018
Essex
OH has lost his mobility and is now either in recliner chair, wheelchair or bed.
He has for some time had the’ Lewy lean ’slopping to the left, so much so that now has problems with left hand pain and unable to grip etc . (And concerns raised over possibility of a pressure sore developing.)I have been advised that is is muscular due to the continual pressure on the elbow and arm etc. So trying to correct posture but he appears unable to stay in a verticals position.
This morning when in wheelchair has been leaning over to the right! If I try to prop with a cushion the cushion doesn’t stop the lean.
Is this a further progression? Not sure what to do! I am greatly concerned.
Note: he is assisted to bed by care staff but never lays in a straight position but always says he is comfortable!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Hi do you have visits froma community nurse so they can monitor the elbow,it's good to have had contact with them so you can call them if you're ever worried about anything,as Cat27 suggested a v pillow is a good thing to have my mum has one in her bed

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds as if your OH may be helped by an air cushion @LadyM

One was provided for my husband by either Social Services or Occupational Health to help prevent pressure sore.

Please ask about them.

https://www.nrshealthcare.co.uk. pressure cushion

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix77