Two years to get this bad. What now?

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am so sorry for your loss @AL60 but glad that you were able to see your wife that last time. We all know the time will eventually come but nothing can really prepare us for that moment.

Wishing you strength going forward - and to remind you that support from the forum is still here whenever you need it.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
My heartfelt condolences to you on the death of your dear wife. How right you are that we grieve while they are alive but not with us and now grieve because they have died and not with us. Feelings and thoughts do not go away and I hope you will be able to see the forums as a place to give and receive solace in difficult times of life after loss.

MAMMYGRANNY

Jan 26, 2016
Sincere condolences on the loss of your wife Al60. Wishing you strength as you go forward with your memories of happier days.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
So sorry to hear about your wife @AL60, take time for yourself now and remember the happy times before the horrible disease took hold, glad you got to say goodbye.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
Hi everyone once again. The number of times I have started to post here and ended up staring at a blank screen thinking how to start. This one's no different but for another reason. This is the one post I've been dreading for a long time. It's with great sadness I announce that my wife passed away earlier this morning. After my rather upbeat and optimistic last post she had a positive corvid -19 just over a week ago. Yesterday morning I received a call from the nursing home to ask if I would like to visit as she had deteriorated overnight. How could I not. It was the first visit since before lock down. I won't go into any great detail other than to say she was comfortable and not in any distress. I've had a long time to prepare for this moment and I honestly thought I was ready. How wrong was I. It's strange how all this time I've been grieving about what we've lost now here I am once again grieving all over. Anyway, at least now she's not suffering from dementia in a strange unfamiliar place. She's now in a part of me forever and no virus or dementia will ever take that from me. this is my last post on this forum. I can honestly say it's been great to download here and share, I've lost count of the number of times I've said, a problem shared and all that. But it's true. I could well turn up on a different forum but I think I've been Al60 for a little too long now :)there are limits. One day soon I'll smile again and mean it, so thanks again for being there. Al (21again) ;)
So sorry for your loss. I’ve followed your posts and was glad she would seen you again when you brought the puppy in.