Two year anniversary

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Two years today since my lovely mum died, and I still remember all the messages of support I received from the lovely people here as I spent three days in hospital, pacing corridors, waiting for the end to come. Life is not quite back to normal, but it's a whole load more normal than it was for the three years I cared for mum and the first year or so after her death. I truly never thought I'd get over it all, but I am much better now. Life is enjoyable again and I have nice thoughts and memories of my mum, not just the horrible ones, which have indeed faded a little, thank goodness.

So yet again, many thanks to the AS for this forum, and to the great people who supported me. I hope I was also of some help to others, but I don't come here too often now. I still have my little part time job and I am about to move home. Two years since that awful period and that awful day which ended the horror, and time for a change and perhaps a 'new life'.

Best wishes to everyone, and much love and strength to those still struggling with a most incredibly difficult situation.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How lovely of you to come back and share these sentiments @Marnie63. I know that every anniversary is hard so wishing you strength for the anniversary and best wishes for the plans you have for the future.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Marnie63
Thank you for posting such a positive update
Im so glad that life is enjoyable again and I wish you further happiness in your new home
xxx