Two of me

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello

I have had a horrible week dealing with a brother more interested in money than his Mum and was feeling very low until I visited Mum yesterday, she was sitting in the chair next to me and although her speech is mostly garbled these days we had the following conversation
"where's" Kathleen gone?"
"I am here"
"the other Kathleen" she put out her hand to show a child size person.
"is she your little girl"
"yes"
"what is she like"
"she has dark blonde hair, she is georgous"
Then she took both my hands and looking straight at me said "no-one will take you away from me." She smiled as I told her nothing would ever come between us and promptly shut her eyes again. After that we were back to garbled words, but I could not have cared less.
I was so touched and thankful to have her back for those precious seconds, I thought I would share them with you.

Kathleen

SallyB

May 7, 2005
Kathleen,

How lovely, thank you for sharing it. It made me smile over my morning cuppa!

Sally

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Teo of me

Dear Kathleen

Aren't these moments precious? your post brought tears to my eyes.

Remembering brief interludes like this is what keeps us going, so cherish each one and bring them out on the dark days.

Cheers Barraf

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thank you Kathleen. There are days when you really need to read such joy. Today has been one of those, so thanks once again. Connie

Dawnb

Mar 2, 2005
dublin
Two of Me !

Those are the moments where you feel that life is better than you thought after all.
On a funny note, I have an identical twin, so there are literally two of me, and when I told Dad a while ago that I was one of the twins, he said oh the twins, sure I haven't seen them in years !!(we both see him roughly twice a week, so thats 4 days out of 7 !!), but it made me laugh ! :)

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Kathleen,
That did bring tears to my eyes. You must get the same feeling I get when I am my mother's daughter & not her sister.

What a wonderful moment for you.

Joanne