Two nightmare nights in a row, last night she wanted to kill herself

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Your updates are encouraging @nae sporran and I hope you are feeling better now some of the worry is easing. Take care and make the most of the bit of free time you are getting

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks Sylvia. A bit of shopping before lunch should leave an hour or maybe even an hour and a half for a walk before I go in.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Well, here we are again. C is coming out once care is arranged and district nurses confirm a referral for 3 times a week visits to change dressings. I thought C's daughter was on more sensible talking terms, but she was off on one when I was in the hospital, I had to make an excuse to put the phone down. To top it all I had a BMW nearly hit me on the drive back as he saw me and pulled out anyway.
Back to the relevant and the good news. The staff nurse and the OT gave me a good briefing on what is happening, so have a few notes to write up after I've had my beer. C should be out on Friday, but that will be updated over the next couple of days. Thanks again everyone for your support, I'll return the favour once I calm down and relax a bit.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
It looks C is coming home tomorrow as planned. The discharge nurse has promised everything should be ready by lunchtime. I'll call about 10 check. Of course, I then have to make sure the care manager has a list of new meds the carers have to apply then I need to check when the district nurses are coming to change dressings. It'll be all go for a while, then C will no doubt fall asleep on the chair so I can take a quick walk round the block.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Just getting my breath back while C is on the throne. She is totally disorientated, and there's so many changes to medication for me get my head round. District nurses to start tomorrow to check emollients as well as dressings. Anyway, back to work. It is going to be a long old recovery. Has anyone else got experience of how long it can take to settle after a week in hospital when you think your partner is a friend of your father and your father died 70 years ago ? That's probably one of those questions similar to "how long is a piece of string", but any ideas gratefully received.
Thanks and good luck in your own struggles.