Two nightmare nights in a row, last night she wanted to kill herself

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Blisters not looking any worse, though C is definitely more muddled that yesterday. She had her daughter concerned by saying she was left in the toilet for two hours, but the nurse assured us she was there the whole time. The nurses are run off their feet, but very kind and took time to speak to me and to C's daughter on the phone.
I missed the drug the nurse told me C is now on, but I suspect that is what is causing her to be more muddled.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
A stressful afternoon trying to speak to a doctor. They has 101 other tasks to do, then had to check C out and make sure I was ok to talk to with her permission. It's all sensible safeguarding, she said. Still, apart from ongoing confusion down to the pain, the meds and the hospital environment she is making progress. Physio was happy with her too and she was actually on a chair for the first time since Wednesday.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
That sounds like good, positive progress @nae sporran - though I know how stressful it can be being on the outside looking in and trying to get that much needed contact and information.
Hopefully now I have spoken of my concerns and C's daughter's concerns to a doctor it will be easier to get progress reports today, but I do appreciate how stretched they are. Thanks, Lynne.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you, @Sarasa.
There's a man in fitting our new shower screen just now. Of course, he has had a slight setback already, but with a bit of luck that will be one less problem to worry about by lunchtime.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Your shower saga is unbelievable - someone could have popped down to a plumbing merchant got the bits and fixed it many times over - the bureaucracy from your housing association is mindboggling.
Oh, I know. I did ask the housing manager if I could get someone else to do it and give the Housing Association the bill, but she turned that down. It does look pretty good, but the proof will be in the morning shower. I did get two boxes of shortbread from the contractor's new contract manager and £200 compensation from the housing association. A bottle of Bowmore single malt would have gone down better, but you can't have everything.
C is slowly on the mend. Physio thought pain and movement was same as yesterday and will make sure I am included in any discussions over coming days. If it was up to him she would stay a while longer. Dermatology will also have a say and they are still reviewing medication. C asked if I was working in the forest with her dad before coming in, so confusion is not getting any better. I hope that will settle once she is home, but have to see that develops.
Thanks for your concern, @jugglingmum and @Canadian Joanne

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Things seem to be moving in right direction on several fronts. I hope the shower saga is now finished and that C keeps getting better.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
The shower works fine, even the small leak under the screen was mopped up in a minute. After 5 months that is a monkey off my back. I had a nice curry with C's daughter last night, and a good chat. We've had a few disagreements over the years, but we understand each other better now I hope.
So, visiting time at 2 and back to more pressing matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife