Two nightmare nights in a row, last night she wanted to kill herself

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks, Jennifer. I'll still pop in tomorrow evening and a couple of times on Thursday, but a bit of rest should do us both some good. Getting the pain under control is the top priority for now at least.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
C is in the best place to get her pain and discomfort under control thank goodness. I hope that you will also be able to benefit from the temporary break because it is much needed.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks everyone. It was too short notice to get the care worker in early, though she has promised to juggle a bit and try. It will make for an uncomfortable lunch in the waiting room, but we'll both have a better couple of nights.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you.
The doctor did suggest anti depressants last week, but I dismissed it due to bad personal experience 20 years ago. Like the anti anxiety meds it has to be worth looking at after last night. Nurse Practitioner is coming out later for a full assessment. She is pretty thorough, so I'll get my list of questions together.
Anti depressants have come along way & each person reacts differently to all meds. Depression through dementia needs treatment & you need to take the DRs advice on this. Hoping UTI & skin issues & it’s complications ease soon, hospital admissions are always stressful please look after yourself. This is a chance for you to know C is safe & has 24/7 care, plus meds like antidepressants etc to be prescribed & monitored on the ward
(((hugs)))

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks again everyone for your support. C finally was allocated a bed at half past 9. They had to wait for the result of a swab Covid test and I can only visit for an hour tomorrow at a pre booked time. Dermatology and the medical doctor are both looking into it, asking lots of questions to see what is happening.
I was impressed with the dermatology doctor when she heard me talking about C's stroke and when she saw vascular dementia on the medical history she only asked about memory problems rather than use the D word. C hates the D word, so that was a sensible bit of diplomacy. She was in so much pain and distress while moving from ED to the ward, but went to sleep in 5 minutes after the nurses left her.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
I hope you weren't too worried to sleep @nae sporran
good that C pretty much went straight to sleep after such a demanding day for you both
promising that the consultant is so thoughtful, hopefully her team have been well trained and follow her example

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks again everyone. I did sleep fairly well last night, but it was a tiring day. The lady who runs the music sessions at the local community centre called when I was in Sainsbury and I had to say Christel won't make it for the second week in a row. G mentioned how much spirit C has, and the music is what brings that out however bad things get. This awful skin condition is going to rob of her that. Sorry, I needed to get that out.