Two layers of clothing !!

Mummysgirl

Jan 21, 2010
Dear All
Mom's memory doesn't seem to have declined much, but she is having issues with practical tasks.
On a regular basis she is putting two layers of clothes on, either two blouses or two skirts and not realising she's done it.
Dad sent me a text on Friday saying that mom had sprayed her hair with furniture polish instead of hairspray and her make-up looked like she'd been tango'd!!! Mom simply laughed and said that her hair smelt nice!
Yesterday she tried making a sandwich for her and dad but got confused about how many slices of bread she was supposed to use!
It seems the last couple of months mom has deteriorated practically, but her repeating things etc isn't too bad.
I'm not sure I expected things to progress so quickly from a practical point of view - I thought she would forget names and situations first, not forget how to make a sandwich.
Am I expecting too much?

kittypurry

Aug 8, 2010
LOL- two layers are better than no layers is the way i see it:D
We have that problem many times a day- goes upstairs and comes back with 2/3 skirts and tops.
We found a fast decline on the practical but a plateau after that.
I guess everyone is different x Expect the unexpected..x

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Hi mummysgirl, my wife sylvia would put three nighties on and think nothing was wrong she also would put her jeans on back -to- front and manage to zip them up it did look funny though with the back pockets at the front:D bless her but as i have to dress her now all is fine.

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
Well yes its funny haw things happen,its funny haw we forget the little things. i just have so mutch truble making a cup of tea ,our a samwage.i just have to laff. they seen more inportent than the bigger things. love Miss Cool xx

Mummysgirl

Jan 21, 2010
In some ways it's nice to be able to have a bit of a giggle over things, I suppose it's a bit of light relief - not sure I'd like my hair smelling of furniture polish tho :D

I hadn't thought about two layers being better than none - I must tell my dad that, should give him something to chuckle at!!

Thank you all for your comments, it's so nice to know you're not alone going through this

Love to all
xx

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Hi, my Mum whas been wearing her winter dresses, plus a cardi and goes out in her winter coat over the past few months. She pours sweat and looks like a beetroot, but can I get her to change to light clothing. No. When we are out and about I take water with me and call at just one shop. She doesn`t know what hot means, but she says she needs her pockets for her keys/hankies/sweets and her secret pocket in the coat! She gets some funny reaction from passersby! AND for a few weeks, she had her heating on full blast too! But the heating problem seems to have passed. Aww bless her. :DCatbells

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
HI i am not shore what is going on as i am allways being told i am dressed inapropret. lots of clothes or sometimes not enough, its a funny old world. love miss cool xx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
My Mum was unable to make a sandwich or a cup of tea about two years ago and she then progressed to being unable to shower herself or dress herself or cook at all but she still knows who we are (although one time I rang her she didn't know me, and another time my brother visited and she told him he wasn't her son as her son worked hard and would be at work! The funny thing was he was in his work clothes at the time!) but she knows us all and remembers her grandchildren and great grandchildren.

This disease just waits for you to get your head around a situation and relax (sort of) then it knocks you off your feet again :eek::eek:
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
and how someone who struggles for 10 minutes to get a cardi on or off without help can, when not being watched, get 3 t-shirts and 2 pairs of trousers on... just can't imagine how difficult 2 pairs of trousers must be to achieve....

thank goodness for this forum, or I'd think we were living in our own bizarre little world of alternative reality! The new normal...

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
We took mum out for a meal the other week and after she had been to the loo she confessed to having 2 skirts on!- It was sweltering so I insisted she went back and took the thicker under one off- wonderful things baby changing bags for hiding things lol.
Mum has also confessed to wearing 3 pairs of knickers at once:eek::eek:

Love Julie xx

Padraig

Dec 10, 2009
Hereford
Memories

This brought back a memory for me. I'd bought a three pack of 'y' fronts. I'd put them in my drawer and when I went to fetch one I could not find the pack anywhere. When I helped my wife to the toilet, she was wearing all three pair plus her own pants!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba