Twelve weeks

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
and counting..since I got that phone call. Can't believe that on this Friday, when we set off on holiday it will be twelve weeks since Mum died.

The memories of those last few days are still etched on my brain. It does not seem that long ago. Tonight I am trying to pack for my holidays, alone as my husband has had to work late to finish some projects before we go off.

The weeks have gone by quickly. I find myself wondering when did I have the time to visit, but that is partly because it is a busy time of year for work, particularly after three weeks off at the time Mum died and trying to catch up ever since which I have now jsut about done. Plus the trials and tribulations of the six year olds...

I have cried, brief tears, most recently this morning while looking at a photo of Mum and Dad and realising, yet again, that they won't ever be back to talk to and share my news with. I have felt extremely happy, a joy that I have not felt for years when living with first Dad's cancer, then infertility and finally Mum's dementia for years and years and years.

I think I was lucky in that I had time to accept what was happening to Mum and that finally the Vascular disease just became too much for her body as it lost its command centre, having already lost my Mum years before. I have missed her for so long that I have been accustommed to her not being "here".

But I miss her. I want to share my excitement at being about to go on holiday, and the boys very good report cards, their new teacher, my plans for the school holidays, my new course, what we want to do to our house, camping with my neice and brother, stories of friends of mine that she knew, of her own friends and to tell her all about my fist "Girly" shopping trip with her grandaughter of 13, my only niece. She would so have enjoyed coming with us. Dad would so have wanted to have played and "persecute" my sons with his teasing.

Things that I can never do......but even so oddly happy too...

Mameeskye

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
This is a lovely post, showing how you are handling your grief. Not sure what to say but hope your holiday will help you.
Try to enjoy it.

Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Mameeskye

I'm so glad you have some joy in your life again. You know your mum would have wanted that for you.

Of course you miss her, but you are moving on, and that's wonderful. Those two little boys need a mum they can have fun with.

And give them a big hug from me for doing so well at school. In fact, a star each for them!

dancing_star.gif dancing_star.gif

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday,

Love,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Mameeskye,
I do hope you all have a lovely holiday.
As for your sons to do well at School with what has happened to their Grandmother is brilliant.
It is only a suggestion but do you have a memory box?
You could put postcards and mementos into the box.
You have done a brilliant job.
Very best wishes
Christine

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Mameeskye,

Time passes so quickly, I'm so pleased that out of all this sorrow you can now find happiness as well, you certainly deserve it.

Have a great holiday

Love Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Mameeskye

Your post shows how well you are living your life and coming to terms with the loss of your parents.
Missing your parents is part of the natural cycle of life, but it does not have to stop you living it to the full.
Enjoy your holiday, enjoy your sons and take some time for yourself.
Love xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Dear Mameeskye

I do hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you and your loved ones will find joys and thrills beyond your expectations.

Your thread was lovely - thank you.

Love Helen

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Mameskye:

It is truly good to hear from you and your reflections on life.
Your Mum would be so proud of you.

Enjoy your holiday. Love Jan