TV problems

cazjam21

Jan 15, 2015
Halifax
help or a suggestion please. Got an older family member, lives alone and is getting a bit forgetful. We are going round and they have knocked the tv off channel or even off the hdmi channel. So there sat without tv, we tell them to ring, but as you can imagine they think there bothering us, there really not, to go and fix
Question is have any of you had this problem, and more importantly have any of you solved it? So far i have pot tape on switches with arrows. Side note, they keep loosing the remotes too!

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
help or a suggestion please. Got an older family member, lives alone and is getting a bit forgetful. We are going round and they have knocked the tv off channel or even off the hdmi channel. So there sat without tv, we tell them to ring, but as you can imagine they think there bothering us, there really not, to go and fix
Question is have any of you had this problem, and more importantly have any of you solved it? So far i have pot tape on switches with arrows. Side note, they keep loosing the remotes too!

I have an elderly neighbour and I tell her to let me know about any small faults eg light bulbs etc and I will put them right if it is within my ability.
The problem is she waits for me to ask if anything is wrong.
A few days ago after I got back from shopping I asked her and she told me a bulb had gone in her porch.
It was a special one and she did not have a spare and she said it had been out for a day.
I felt I would have to go to the shop I had just been to get another one and a spare as I thought there was a safety issue here. If she had told me before I went out it would have saved a second journey.
If however it was a bulb inside her cabinet for example it would have waited till my next visit to the shop.

William

Liz57

Dec 22, 2013
Mum's always losing her remote (leaves it upstairs at night), getting the TV remote mixed up with the phone and knocking the TV into mono mode which doesn't work. No answers to the problem yet but some have suggested a simpler tv remote in other posts. today I found the TV remote in the cradle for the cordless phone!

Seems to be a common problem.

teahound

Apr 19, 2013
A doro remote worked for my mum. It's really simple to use, although it still took my mum about a week to learn it. You can programme it to only have the channels they watch. I can't help with the losing it other than to suggest maybe get two and keep one safe so you can bring it out while searching for the lost one. Good luck.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
My MIL was trying to get BBC1 on the other day. She was pressing 245 & couldn't understand why her programme was not appearing. 245 was the time 2.45! It was at the side of her programme in her magazine so makes sense when you look at it from that point of view.