Turn the sound down I'm going to .....

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by AbbyGee, Oct 17, 2019.

1. AbbyGee

AbbyGee Registered User

Nov 26, 2018
    Female
    Portsmouth, South Coast
    ....... SCREAM........... and scream and scream and yell and shout and swear and cuss and stamp my feet and slam doors and throw things at the walls and put a hammer through the windows and TV screen and then go smash everything else to little squitty bits ......

Ahhhhhh. That's better. Thank goodness for this safe place.

I shall now pop a jacket on and go walk about, so long as 'he' is sleeping soundly.

2. Grahamstown

Grahamstown Registered User

Jan 12, 2018
    East of England
    Know exactly how you feel!

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Me too.

Quote @AbbyGee
    Thank goodness for this safe place.

Indeed.

4. jenniferjean

jenniferjean Registered User

Apr 2, 2016
    Female
    Basingstoke, Hampshire
    and me.....

Yesterday whilst explaining to someone about my husband saying he needed the toilet when he didn't, I said that if I so much as raise my voice he says he needs the toilet. She was quite shocked that I should ever need to raise my voice. She thought I was cruel as "he can't help it". Well neither can I.

5. nae sporran

nae sporran Volunteer Host

Oct 29, 2014
    Male
    Bristol
    I've had days like that too AbbyGee. C always looks at me funny and says " I didn't know you swear, I thought you were so nice " in an innocent politely shocked voice. It was good that you could come on here and let off steam, I hope you were ok walking last night and today is a quieter day.

6. silver'lantern

silver'lantern Registered User

Apr 23, 2019
    Female
    that's a response I get. The things some people say. I understand your frustrations.
    Someone even threw back at me 'Well you should have more control as you are not the one with mental health issues!' Most people have no concept of 24/7 caring and living with dementia.
    @AbbyGee well done for finding your release and hitting the keys. I hope you enjoyed your walk and you found some calm.

7. Starbright

Starbright Registered User

Apr 8, 2018
    Female
    Oh yes !!! ((( I sit and crochet like crazy ;)))) A x

8. maryjoan

maryjoan Registered User

Mar 25, 2017
    Female
    South of the Border
    Yes, Yes - this is the unfortunate world we live in - that so many people think 'is just a bit forgetful.'

In my head, I scream all the time

9. Grahamstown

Grahamstown Registered User

Jan 12, 2018
    East of England
    I say goodnight several times and he still has to try and get into my bedroom, my haven, after lights out. I have a chair lodging it but he still tries to say goodnight yet again. Just writing that makes me feel bad. So I shout you may not come in, go to bed and he does, but I wonder what the neighbours think...