Tuesday - help at last

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi everyone.

Well today went reallly well. We went to see the doctor and she was absolutely wonderful. She knew all about mum and also about dads passing, so that was very encouraging right from the start.

I told her that mum had seen someone about her AD, but they weren't coming again for six months. Straight away she said that was not good enough, and is getting on to the proper people straight away and saying that mum needs to be assessed more often and also that we want all the help we can get.

She then asked how we thought mum was coping and she had noted that she looked very tired and low. It is not surprising she feels like this, having just lost dad and she was with him for 55 years. So the doctor has given her a dose of mild antidepressents and she is also having a full blood test in 2 weeks time, and then back to the doctor in 3 weeks time. At last, someone is helping.

Afterwards we had a lovely day, we went shopping, had lunch out, went to the cemetary to put some more flowers down, went and bought some lovely plants for her garden. She shed a few tears, but she is doing ok.

I now am very tired, and I am going to have a glass of wine, or maybe two :D

I am sorry this is a long thread, but it is so lovely having people who care to talk to and just listen. Thank you everyone.

Love
Michele
xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Michele

It is a tremendous relief when someone who potentially can help (i.e. the GP) "gets" it. isn't it? It's all very well for us to empathize (and we do, we do), but finally getting some feedback from the powers that be makes a real difference.

Keep us posted

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dera Michele

I'm so glad the doctor understood your mum's situation, and was prepared to do something about it. Let's hope the medication hleps, and you manage to get some support for your mum

It sounds as if you've had a lovely day together. Enjoy your wine, you deserve it.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s a good tiredness, Michele, after a very successful day.

Your mother may have shed a few tears, but I`m sure she feels better now she knows she will be monitored and there may be help on the way for her.

Have a good evening.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Michele,

I am really pleased that you are getting some results. I hope that your mum is feeling brighter soon, glad you had a lovely day.

Take Care Taffy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR