Trying to pay Dads LA funded care home fees

sixy74

Jul 4, 2018
Dad is in a care home and partly funded by the LA. We have been told how much Dad needs to contribute per week, however we are still waiting for an invoice to come through from the LA. Dad has been in the care home now since Aug 28 and we haven't paid a bean. I have contacted the LA on numerous occassions including the CEO to be told that the invoices will be issued shortly as we have had a problem blah blah blah.
Should I just plod on and wait for the LA to send an invoice , the cash is there and ready to be paid, however I'm not really happy paying anything until I have an invoice from the LA, as I worry that the payments will more than likely go astray if there's no invoice to connect the payments to.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
If I were in your shoes I would wait for the invoice, or a separate demand for the top-up from the home. Just as long as the funds you are accumulating aren't diverted elsewhere in the meantime.

Having said that, I don't have experience of the system yet.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I too would wait for the invoice.
If it is a top up it's good that it is being paid to the LA, any increases will have to go through the LA.
in a care home and partly funded by the LA.
suggests it may not be a top up, OP's Dad could have assets between the upper and lower limits with a tariff (assumed) income of £1/wk for every £250 or part of £250 above £14250, This means that an assessment should be carried out as each progressive £250 band is crossed and Dad's contribution adjusted accordingly. If this is the case ask for, and check, a full breakdown.

It can, of course, be a combination of voluntary top up and Dad's contribution.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher