Trying to cope with toiletting problems

imnotloony

Aug 14, 2011
Kent
Mum has the occassional 'accident' when going too the toilet (bowels) and doesn't always get there in time with the obvious resulting mess. Finding it really hard to sort it out and not sure how to deal with it (apart from the cleaning up!). It's not incontinence as it only happens randomly. Reluctant to use pads as think that she would flush them away causing blockages. Did mention it to a community nurse a while ago who wasn't any help. He said I should monitor her bowel movements and describe them on a chart!! Impossible as Mum takes herself to the loo and (usually) flushes away the evidence.Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

Eleonora

Dec 21, 2012
Abingdon Oxfordshire
Mum has the occassional 'accident' when going too the toilet (bowels) and doesn't always get there in time with the obvious resulting mess. Finding it really hard to sort it out and not sure how to deal with it (apart from the cleaning up!). It's not incontinence as it only happens randomly. Reluctant to use pads as think that she would flush them away causing blockages. Did mention it to a community nurse a while ago who wasn't any help. He said I should monitor her bowel movements and describe them on a chart!! Impossible as Mum takes herself to the loo and (usually) flushes away the evidence.Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

Ah! The joys of occasional bowel incontinence!
My OH had a similar problem for a while, and during those infrequent episodes, I got him to use Tenna Pull-up Pants for men.

They keep the contents well contained, and would be almost impossible to flush down the loo. (They're quite bulky, because of the absorbent padding inside.)

The ones I used were in a rather nice blue-striped pattern, that your mother might find acceptable.

I'm not sure if Tenna make them for women as well as for men, but they seem to be unisex to me, with no fly-front opening.

I've just Googled, Tenna pull-up pants, (they do have them for women.) and there are several pix. with prices -possibly worth a look?

imnotloony

Aug 14, 2011
Kent
Thank you Eleonora. Will be buying some as soon as I can get to the chemist. May order some from ebay too. No-one has ever said that this is normal or common so it's good to hear of similar experiences.

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Check out which company supplies your local soc sec with pads. It could well be you can buy the pull ups from them, in bulk if necessary,much cheaper than in the shops. I only found out by chatting to a fellow dog walker about the local supplier here and saved about £5 per pack. My Mum also has the occasional accident & these coped brilliantly saving the mess and her embarrassment. :)

Vesnina

Aug 25, 2013
... I'm not sure if Tenna make them for women as well as for men, but they seem to be unisex to me, with no fly-front opening.
2vsj1nm.gif
Many thanks for this idea of pull-up pants with fly-front opening.
I buy always at the same place and get various discounts,
it must be because I shop a lot of various pads,
but also maybe they just like my commitment and sympathize...

Last edited: