trueCallCARE Call Blocker for older vulnerable people

Hbackup

Feb 21, 2015
West London
Has anyone on here got one of these little boxes and if so can they tell me how effective it is. My elderly friend has become involved in looking after her much younger neighbour who has alzheimers. This is causing great anxiety as the AD sufferer, lets call her Jane has recently become much more confused. Jane has received a phone call from some company saying they want to complete her registration for a free call blocking service - they were most insistent she give them the long number on the front of her credit card. Luckily my friend arrived in time to deal with the caller and hung up. I am certain this call was a scam but Jane is exceedingly vulnerable to these cold callers. I have done a bit of digging on the internet and found a device called "trueCall CARE" the more expensive of two devices they supply and would appreciate any comments from anyone who used or had experience of using this device. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
I find the device to be excellent at stopping unwanted calls. You can adjust caller lists online. The only problem could be if the person is an 'unplugger' of devices, or likes to take things apart. There are ways to hide the unit and the telephone it is attached to but in my experience those who fiddle with technology will always find the hidden kit.

Hbackup

Feb 21, 2015
West London
I find the device to be excellent at stopping unwanted calls. You can adjust caller lists online. The only problem could be if the person is an 'unplugger' of devices, or likes to take things apart. There are ways to hide the unit and the telephone it is attached to but in my experience those who fiddle with technology will always find the hidden kit.

Thank you Katrine - I presume you are talking about the CARE device as opposed to the other less expensive one that seems complicated and needed the user to understand how to push buttons etc - something that's beyond Jane now. Is it easy to install and set up or do we need to get "a man in"?

Incidentally,was it you who sent me a private message? I am new to forums of any sort and am feeling my way here - tried to open the private message but it wouldn't open in my browser whatever that means!!! Many thanks again for your helpful reply.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I use a blocker on my BT phone and it is excellent - international calls, unknown numbers, numbers withheld can all be blocked. I would also urge you to scratch out the security number on the back of her card after making a note of it . Even if she gives someone her account number it is no use without the security number from the back.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Incidentally,was it you who sent me a private message? I am new to forums of any sort and am feeling my way here - tried to open the private message but it wouldn't open in my browser whatever that means

Not sure why you could not open a private message. Go to notifications on the top blue band, then scroll down to find Inbox - all messages received should be in there.

Attachments

• CaptureNotifications.PNG
    CaptureNotifications.PNG
    1.6 KB · Views: 331