Trousers

SJM10

Jan 10, 2021
hi , silly qustion, any advice?
My OH has young age onset dementia and likes to wear jeans. The thing is , he doesnt do his belt up properly, i keep making a new hole in belts but i think he just pulls everything down. Anyway his jeans are always travelling oiwn and we get a lot of pants showing. Has anyone tried the elasticated waisted jeans from Chums or Jolleymans or any high street shop, if so do they come up long. I usually get 30 length from Tesco for him in non elasticated jeans but the brands above only seem to do 29 or 31 leg. Any advice , experience or recommendation would be helpful. Hope you dont think this a flipant request as i realize many people have more urgent problems that a bit of builders bum

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hi , silly qustion, any advice?
My OH has young age onset dementia and likes to wear jeans. The thing is , he doesnt do his belt up properly, i keep making a new hole in belts but i think he just pulls everything down. Anyway his jeans are always travelling oiwn and we get a lot of pants showing. Has anyone tried the elasticated waisted jeans from Chums or Jolleymans or any high street shop, if so do they come up long. I usually get 30 length from Tesco for him in non elasticated jeans but the brands above only seem to do 29 or 31 leg. Any advice , experience or recommendation would be helpful. Hope you dont think this a flipant request as i realize many people have more urgent problems that a bit of builders bum
mine has the elastic jeans and seems fine. he does wear braces with his trousers. i get novelty ones like tractors, tools, peacock, on them so he is happy to wear them. he used to wear a belt but it started to dig into his stomach. he wears the trousers low slung, under his stomach. he does wear a lot of joggys as well as he finds them comfortable. this from a man that always wore jeans and would never wear them.

update2020

Jan 2, 2020
This may not help but I found that my husband (also with young onset) soon lost interest in (and/or understanding of) what he was wearing. So I would just try a pair and see what happens. I doubt the difference in leg length between a 30 and 31 is very significant in practice.

SJM10

Jan 10, 2021
Many thanks for your good advice. Will order a pair and go with the flow. Hope a have a restful weekend .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976