Trousers

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
My husband can no longer use a belt , so I have bought trousers with elastic waist bands , The thing is he keeps asking where his jeans are . But my 2 attempts to purchase jeans that don't require a belt ie elastic waisted they were of very poor quality and no good size wise or appearance. So is there any body that can help us please. Ta

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband uses braces for his jeans. he cant wear a belt as buckle digs into his belly. i buy him novelty ones like tractors or tools on then from amazon. make sure they are strong ones.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi @lilypat

Amazon sell buckle free elastic belts for jeans which don't need fastening. They fit around the back of the Jen's and fasten over the front belt loops. Would something like this work? eBay have similar

Hi thanks for your reply , unfortunately he likes to open his trousers ie zip and button , we did trial several types of belt nothing worked sadly

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi thanks for your replies, I may try the braces option, as he does like to open his trousers button and zip at same time! . I bought the trousers we use from Chums I do like them . Many thanks everyone

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Have you tried Cotton Traders or Lands End - I use them sometimes (not for elasticated jeans, so can't comment) - their clothes are generally good quality. There's also Damart - not sure if they do them.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Have you tried Cotton Traders or Lands End - I use them sometimes (not for elasticated jeans, so can't comment) - their clothes are generally good quality. There's also Damart - not sure if they do them.
Ta for your reply not tried either of those I will take a look