Trouble using one side of body

Spectac

May 26, 2020
My wife has dementia. She may have lewy body dementia. She was right handed, but now picks up everything with her left hand. She has lost her fine motor skills with her right hand. When she stands her left foot faces forward, but her right is angled out. She has tunnel vision and can see only on her left side. She can raise her left foot up over one foot, but can only raise her right two to three inches when standing still. Has anyone found that this could be associated with her dementia. I know that this happens with a stroke, but she still has expression on the left and right side of her face unlike with a stroke..

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Spectac i would like to welcome you to DTP
I’m afraid I cannot help with your questions about your wife hopefully someone with knowledge of Lewy Body Dementia will be able to help you..
this is a friendly and supportive place for sharing questions so I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
A stroke doesnt necessarily cause problems with the face - it depends on which part of the brain has been affected and how extensive the damage is. OH had a stroke that affected his right arm and leg, but not his face or his speech.
Has anyone ever seen your wife about these problems?