Trouble sleeping

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
So worried about my mum that I have trouble sleeping trying my best to function at work looking after my dad health as well knowing my mother not got long to go is tearing me apart and when I do get home from work I'm physically drained i want to see my mum every night but I don't know if my body can cope with all this pressure on me need advice thank you

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There's no easy answer to this @jelba. You can only do what you can while at the same time trying to ensure your own health does not suffer. It`s about compromise.

You don't say if your mother is living at home alone or in residential care.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
So worried about my mum that I have trouble sleeping trying my best to function at work looking after my dad health as well knowing my mother not got long to go is tearing me apart and when I do get home from work I'm physically drained i want to see my mum every night but I don't know if my body can cope with all this pressure on me need advice thank you
Can you ask at work if they can help at all? I know it is so hard when it goes on for a long time...my line manager was brilliant when my dad was very poorly. It’s horrible for you that you don’t have confidence in the home your mum is in. If your problem is not sleeping...I find valerian brilliant. I use the tea bags that contain it. It is not habit forming, nor does it knock you out. If I have used it, I can still hear my OH. and wake up to help him, but it means I drop off again. I’m sure others will suggest things too. It is so hard when you have to work and you are a carer.
Keep posting, lots of other people in your position are here to offer support.