Trivial advice needed

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
We had so many choccies this Christmas, I think we usually did, but Mum used to eat most of them bless her, she loved choccies. We opened a box of liquers this after' when two friends came round, I had one, the friends had two each, Andy had the other nine!! Thats why I hide my Thortons. It was the only pressie I specifically asked for and they're mine, all mine!! Love She. XX

Katy44

Sep 14, 2004
I think I've lost the thread a bit here (pun intended) :) Thornton's in a toolbox dipped into old socks?!
Chesca, I loved your idea of visiting the home with dress and cake and glamour! I don't know if that is possible on the day, but we will definitely take some cake in later on and try to take some sort of souvenir / flowers.
I'll have a think about trying to find someone to stay with her, but I can't really think of anyone who would not either be a)older and frailer than her anyway or b) wouldn't be invited to the wedding normally, and so would stick out like a sore thumb to my Grandma. She's very good at picking up on when people are 'interfering' - in her mind anyway. Also, if she is upset and leaves my Grandad would probably be so worried he wouldn't enjoy any more of the day anyway!
This may all be over nothing, she may be perfectly happy and settled, but I'll let you all know and thanks for your best wishes!

C

Chesca

Katy, take no notice. We were just being the badly behaved guests at your wedding prep. Keep the cherry brandy away from Sheila, she's always the same after a few - cause a riot in an empty room, she would!

Your idea about finding a quiet room at the reception is a brilliant idea in that Gran could take refuge in there and family could be with her/pop in and out - best of both worlds. It will all fall into place so time to stop addling your brain. You've enough to be going on with.

Love
Chesca
xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Katy, sorry we got carried away, only way to keep going some times. Is there a neighbour, or better still, could you get someone from Crossroads or similar to visit before the wedding a time or two so Nan then accepts them? Nearly finished the Thorntons, hic! Love She. XX

C

Chesca

She! You absolute hog of a cherry chock pincher, you!
Chesca x

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I have been trying to lose a little (ha ha ha ) weight,but I have had to help Peg get rid of all those Thorntons/
I hate them but we all have to make sacrifices!!
Norman

C

Chesca

I know! the problem is that they get in your mouth! And then sometimes you might get a bad box so just have to check. It's such a trial!
Chesca xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Norm, you could always melt them and dip your marshmallows in them! Hope you and Peg are OK, do you still manage to get out a bit since the darker nights set in? Love She. XX

C

Chesca

She, just a polite enquiry: do you have a marshmallow franchise by any chance? If you've any going spare I was looking at my pillows today and need to replace them. Will send horse and cart soonest, as soonest as it arrives back from the christmas festivities. Haven't seen sight nor life since you last fed Shygar a rum laced sugar lump! Not that I'm pointing a finger!
Chesca xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Ches, Shygar is at present engaged in trying to break into Thornton's factory as they only sell the cherry liquors at Crimble time. (He got a taste for them you see. ) He was last seen meandering down the road with cart in tow on new years day. I am sure he will turn up eventually. I tried to talk him out of it, but unfortunately Norms frog was sitting in his other ear and egged him on having indulged in one too many him/her (how do you tell Norm?) self. They were singing merrily with the odd hic and ribbitt chorus. Love She. XX

C

Chesca

She, I knew it! Said as much to the be'ed! Against my better judgement I let you look after the rum sugar lumps because of your knees and the dancin' and what happens? you get Shygar hooked on the cherry brandy and I'm now awaiting a visit from god knows who's constabulary. Well I'll be passing the buck right back where it belongs madam, and don't you forget it! Actually, does anybody know who the Buck belongs to? He's very nice and fluffy but he's certainly not mine. Anybody know?
Chesca xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Ches, couldn't reply for laughing! Just have this picture of a huge pink, furry BUCK rabbit in front of me! Love She. XX

C

Chesca

She! But he's not in front of you, is he? He's in front, back under and into everything here. Would you like me to send him on? Not being into the bunnies he could end up in a stew if I can find someone without the heart, to murder him. Actually, know just the person to do that, the obergruppenfuhrer at the Hospital EMI unit, Frau Goebels is her name or somesuch!
Chesca xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
We can give him a home, but we're veggie, so he'll have to share number one son's room. A hutch is no good as planning permission would not be granted owing to his size. Your Frau Goebels sounds a handful, then on the other hand, perhaps an oversized pink fluffy buck rabbit is just what she could do with, and I think he could probably escape the cooking pot as he is pretty clever by the sounds of it. (remind me, how did this conversation get round to rabbits, was it me, if so forgive me folks!) Love She. XX

C

Chesca

He is one hell of a bunny, that's for sure! As for you not knowing how this started you don't get out of it that easily, my very good and fluffy friend. Harrumph!

How big is number one son's room? Couldn't he move out to save a bunny boiling? That's the trouble with the young these days, they've no thought for the bigger picture! I don't know! He'll be cheaper on the housekeeping, don't forget, the bunny that is. A little chicken wire, a dandelion or two (think of the labour saving in the garden!), a few greens here or there, bromide in his water in case he gets into next door's flopsy pedigree, a few visits to the vet, wash and blow dry every now and then..................actually, I'd let number one son stay, similar but cheaper! And at least you know where he is. ********-up bunny is everywhere before you can say Stew!

Chesca
xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hey sleepyhead, thought you'd gone off to dreamland! I had a text from said bunny, apparently he has heard from Shygar and Norm's frog. They are now headed off into the wild blue yonder with all of next years cherry brandy liquors, they say they will inform us when they have sobered up! Night night Ches, god bless, keep smilin', and to everyone else who has managed to follow these ramblings which are all done in good heart to lift our spirits, night night, lotsaluv, She. XX

C

Chesca

Just before you go, could you see if you can find out where they've gone? Sounds like a night not to be missed! Nothing much going on around here.
Night night
Chesca xx

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Chesca and Sheila
the pink rabbit has hopped it,shygar was heard shouting neigh neigh lad and the frog was bawling read it read it.
Did they lay hold of the cherry brandy?
Norman

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Well done Anne! Hang on to it girl and enjoy! Now all we have to do is find out if in the meantime Katy has made any progress on sorting out the worries she had about her Nan on Katy's wedding day. ...... hey, perhaps that's where they were off to, they must have got hold of an invite or else those darn fairies at the bottom of Norm's garden let the cat out of the bag. Norm's frog always did like to party y'know! Come to think of it,bet that's where the rabbits gone, off for a little time in the woods with puss in boots! Love She. XX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513