Trigeminal Neurolgia

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya, i have just been diagnosed with the above, a if i needed this !!LOL and being prescribed with Carbamazapine which is a nuero drug to treat epileptics but also calms the nerves down in my brains. Apparently its quite Uncommon(trust me !!) one in every 10,000 people aged over 60/70ys get it. My Dr "a very nice man" says its pressure on a blood vessel in my brain. If the tablets dont work then brain surgery could be an option ( I politly Refused under the recent circumstances) and told him if they dont work i will take my chances !!:):):) My CPN is ringing me tomorrow to let me know when he is coming to re-assess me, hope you all have a good night, best wishes, Norrms and family

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Morrms, I'm sorry to read that, that's the last thing you needed. I get neuralgia too, from a trapped nerve in my neck, and the pain is excruciating. I imagine yours will be even worse.:eek:

I hope the pills work for you. I agree, brain surgery is nota good option.

Love,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Norrms,

Sorry to read about the Trigeminal Neorolgia. One things I will say my friend is you are still maintaining a sense of humour.

Love to you and Elaine.

God Bless
Christine xx

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
One things I will say my friend is you are still maintaining a sense of humour.

Love to you and Elaine.

God Bless
Christine xx

Norrms,

In an effort to help you maintain your sense of humour, all I will say is have you ever thought that you are getting on your own nerves! That's the way I used to describe my own neuralgia which the doc said was down to a trapped nerve - but touch wood (also known as my head), it's under control!

And many of the people in my life also think I get on more nerves than my own!!

Think beautiful thoughts, Norrms!!

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Well Norms, you have a diagnosis, and may I say it is a very fancy name indeed :D

I do hope the medication works soon.

Vonny xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds pretty scary Norrms and I do hope the tablets work. The worst head pain I have experienced are migraines and even with them I felt my head would explode, so I dread to think how the pain felt for you.
Good luck with the CPN.
Love xx

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Hi Norrms,
So sorry to hear about the Neuralgia - I have also experienced what I was told was neuralgia after an anaesthetic for a filling at the dentist (a few times). All I can say was that it was a very nasty pain and no painkillers would touch it, but the anti-epilepsy tablets DID work, thankfully. I do hope that you get some relief very soon. Take care.
love Gill x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Norms

It`s been three days since you began the medication for Trigeminal Neurolgia. Is it helping you?
Love xx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Pain

Yes thank you Sylvia, i am up to 3 tablets twice a day now for it and it sems to be easing. Thing is, when i walk i now sound like a Marracca with all the tablets i now take !!LOL best wishes, Norrms and family xxx