trick or treat b****r

nemesisis

May 25, 2006
excuse my french but would you belive it
went to visit mum tonight and got through the (i want to go home) and the care home we have chosen is looking good ie they have a space
but checked on mums empty home on the way home and at least two eggs and flour coverered her front door and its only friday whats going to happen tommorow!!

nemesisis

May 25, 2006
sorry for ****

But was so mad when I saw mums front door
hey I love kids when they knock I have a bag full of sweets for them to take their pick and when my kids were small I loved making them up but they only knocked on peoples doors we all knew with me following there was nothing nasty and they never threw eggs.flour etc they only called on people they knew

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
and the care home we have chosen is looking good ie they have a space

This is pleasing news and I hope that it all works out well for you and your mum.
But was so mad when I saw mums front door

Now, this is terrible news I don't know what pleasure people get out of doing such things. If you haven't got enough to worry about with your mum already. Our elderly neighbours (80's) are often getting rocked or egged, they get so upset. I am glad that your mum wasn't home at the time. And poor you having to clean up the mess.

Me and my hubby have lived where we are now for 6 &1/2 years and have a corner block with colour bond fencing, on three occasions now the panels have had to be replaced as the teenagers think it is great fun in the very early hours of the morn to run through the panels, they usually target 5 or 6 properties.

The police are not interested unless the damage is over $500 dollars. The fence isn't covered by insurance so hubby just replaces the panels himself, far cheaper than getting a fencer in.

Hope that nothing else happens. Take Care Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear nemesisis

It`s such good timing having a care home with a vacancy lined up for your mother, as this sort of mindless vandalism won`t happen to her there.

I do like the idea, I think it`s in the USA, of petty criminals repairing their vandalism, cleaning up their mess, or donig community service, in public, with their `crime` printed on the back of their jackets.

I`m sure it would stop repetitions.

laura92

Aug 28, 2007
Bucks
hi, not sure if you can but if its possible for you to get names of the teenagers that are doing it, and they're of school age, go to there school, i no when i was at school, (im now home educated due to problems with other teenagers) if residents had gone in with names, they would be annonced in assemblys ect. and as much as many teenagers find it cool to vandaliseothers property, they hate the humiliation of everyone knowing. i also know the students at my old school where put in the position that yougo with the caretaker and clean it, or you get suspended from school for being a total disgrace to the community, not sure if it will help, but its an idea.

and good luck with the new care home, sending my love and best wishes to u all.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
This is just horrid, isn't it? And *********s are allowed!!!!!! :) In fact have few more *****s on me!!!! It's a hateful practice if only people would give thought to the lonely and vulnerable ......

My son's friends were planning to 'Trick or Treat' next Wednesday and he was horrified (locked up in the 'street cred'/'peer pressure' syndrome until he found a voice of his own) ..... he has told them we will be at his grandmas to 'protect' her from pranksters ...... how cool is that? :cool:

I do believe that we have a new generation with a growing social conscience ... just taking a while to filter thru ....... :rolleyes:

Much love, Karen, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good for your son Karen, he has had a difficult lesson but it looks as if it has strengthened him.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Funny isn't it? Grandma can be hurtful, bewildering ....

But - anyone dares hurt his grandma - they're forrit!!!!!!! ;) :D

Proud mum or wot????? :)

Karen, x

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Laura,

Good to hear from someone who understands other teenagers and what might put them right.

You made some sensible suggestions about humiliating them at school.

I'm well aware that there are young people who take delight in annoying others, but I believe the majority just don't appreciate how frightening their actions can be for the elderly. I'm sure they've all got grannies who could be frightened and maybe if they thought about that, they'd moderate their behaviour.

Keep posting!

Good luck

Margaret

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Some youngsters have compassion.

Karen,
You must feel very proud of your son. The younger generation are unfortunately all tarred with the same brush, or so they would like us to think. My teenage Grandaughter's has friends who have experienced A.D. in their young lives and they have offered to be there for me if I would like to talk to someone. You have propably guessed, yes I cried.
Well done to you for educating your son to be as loving and thoughtful as he is.
Best wishes. Christine

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Have you considered !!!!

Dear Laura,
I read from your thread and you have some much compassion about you. Have you ever though about giving a talk to your School (if you have not left yet) about Alzheimer's ? Lauren my 14 year old did to her year, she actually compiled a paper first i.e. who had or knew anyone with Alzheimer's/Dementia.
It was a very positive thing for Lauren and her year raised £100 for A.S.
Though the young, you can raise awareness to other people. One other thing that I have found with Lauren is that she keeps a daily diary putting down the effect A.Z. has had on our family's life.
Good luck. God Bless. Christine

laura92

Aug 28, 2007
Bucks
i'm no longer at school, i left for various reasons includingnot getting along with many of the people, and sadly its impossible to get through to people at my old school about things that matter, otherwise i would, i do occasionally keep a diary but not often

thank you for all your support.

not all teenagers are thesame but coz so few stand up and make astand against the others we're all believed to be the same, im not saying im totally innocent ive done things wrong, but i never have and never will cause damage to property just for fun, i understand how scared people can get, i dnt like it when the teenagers are around my street when im alone, so for vulnerable older people it must be horrible.

i hope you dnt get any mire damage to you properties.

all my love
x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
You sound like a Star

Dear Laura,
It is me again. I have made lots of mistakes in my 63 years. Yet to meet a person who has not. Where I live it does not have some of the herrendous things going on where other people are experincing terrible things. My Grandchildren goes out trick or treat but that is supervised by their Mothers'. I do not hope you think I am prying into your life but I get the impression that so far you have not had it easy. Please forgive me if I am wrong,. If I am put it down to me being out of touch with Teenage Councelling since I have been caring for Peter for 4 years.
This is not a Trick but if you lived near me I would give you a treat!
You come across as such a compassionate young lady.
I do wish you all the best. Love from Christine

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson