Trev in care

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Afraid I have awful news to share, after having no sleep yet again and feeling very stressed, my son Insisted Trev went into emergency respite. I do not think I will be allowed to have him home , for a bit.I am suffering from depression and have been prescribed meds, hope I can get strong so I can have my lovely man home again, this has crept up on me without me realising.thats all I can say at moment, hope to have more positive news in a few weeks a very sad Pam tonight

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Dear Pam, I am sure this will be a very upsetting time for you but do try to get some real rest and have some time for yourself. Sending you a hug and my very best wishes xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Pam

I am so sorry.
I know how hard you have fought to keep Trev with you and how devastated you`ll be feeling now.
But your own health is sufferi8ng Pam and you don`t need me to tell you that.
And you also know if you go under you will not be able to care for Trev at all.
Please try not to be so upset. Instead, try to get your strength back so Trev will return home to a healthier and less depressed Pam.
It might have crept up on you without you realizing it Pam but to those of us who know you it was a matter of time.
Love xx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Pam,

I'm sorry to hear your news - please do look after yourself and try to get some rest to get your strength back. It sounds as though you are running on empty right now, and need to recuperate. Please let us know how you are getting on when you feel able to do so.

Best wishes :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope the respite time gives you the opportunity to get your strength back. Hopefully then you can then begin to take each day as it comes and deal with it the best you can. x

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Thinking of you, Pam.

Use this time to concentrate on you, and be gentle with yourself.

Sending you hugs and some strength to get better

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Pam
Am so sorry to hear about you being ill and your Trev going into emergency respite so you can recover.

I agree with what everyone has said especially Sylvia

The trouble is Pam , we give so much of ourselves and often become blind to or ignore what is happening to us (im speaking from personal experience ) until wham it hits us square in the face .

GET WELL SOON Pam and give your son a hug from me for doing right for you .
You are a wonderful caring person and have given so much wonderful care to you Trev , its now time for you to give such care to yourself and to let
your family care for you so you get well quckly
xxxx

danny

Sep 9, 2009
cornwall/real name is Angela
Hi Pam,I hope you are feeling better soon. You have to be healthy to care for Trev.Get lots of rest, Trev is being cared for,you must now care for yourself.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks you will be feeling stronger.

My thoughts are with all of you.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Oh Pam, I'm so very sorry that you are so unwell. Please, please be kind to yourself and get a good, long rest. Trev will be looked after for you and you so badly need the rest.

I've just sent a PM to someone and mentioned that not many people actually realise how impossible the job of caring alone for dementia is - and none of us carers are getting any younger are we Pam!

Take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling a little better after a few good night's rest.

xxTinaT

zoflora

Apr 14, 2009
Hi
I'm so sorry you are feeling really down. Lack of sleep has a big impact on us as we don't have time to recharge our batteries.
My dad died a year ago this month unexpectedly he was the main carer for my mum. we had a good care package going but then my mum started to wander at night and knock on neighbour's doors at 1 am in the morning. She really deteriorated and she went into a home as an emergency. I live 140 miles away which is awful. I get to see my mum every 4 weeks. She doesn'nt always know who I am when I telephone her. I know just how you are feeling, but if you can take this time to recharge your batteries and get strong and have some 'me' time it will really help you. I am sure your husband is being looked after. HOpe you will soon be feeling stronger.
Zoflora

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
Oh Pam

so sorry (((((hugs)))) be gentle on yourself and know Trev is in safe hands, you have some TLC. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you, just know you have done your utmpost for Trev and maybe you can have a good rest and feel much stronger xxxx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Pam, I'm so sorry that things have crept up on you and that you are feeling so bad. You are such a lovely person, and this isn't fair. :( I guess it's good though, that your son is looking out for you. I hope the respite works for you and that you can plan some treats and find some sunshine.

Wishing only the very best for you and Trev. Love xx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Pam, hi
Sending our love and strength to you, so sorry that you are so low and know how hard this is for you.
Trev is well cared for and so it's up to you to take the best possible care of you at this point, very hard but not impossible, be a bit good to yourself.
With kindest regards from Jo

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
Oh Pam, Trev going in for respite is not what you wanted, I know but at the moment it's what you need so that you can get well again. Please look after yourself and give yourself the same care and attention that you so willingly give your Trev. xxxxxe

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pam,

I am so very sorry that you are having to experience this. I always believed that you were well balanced and did your best to care for yourself so that you could care for your lovely man and I still believe that. It's just that the care needs become intolerable especially when it causes severe sleep deprivation. It happened to me and I know that I was very good at taking care of myself for the sake of Alan. I expect it will take some time to recover from the total exhaustion - emotional as well as physical - and I just hope that you can rest in the knowledge that Trev is being well cared for. I know this will be a very worrying time for you but please do not hesitate to contact your friends if you feel the need:)

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Pam:
My heart goes out to you as I read this news. Thank God you have a lovely family around you. Take care
Love

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
So sorry Pam - I don't know how you struggled on for so long the way you did. It is so wearing both physically and emotionally draining caring with little or no sleep - I know I've been there!

Try and make the most of this respite, you obviously desperately need it.

Lots of love