Treasured memories/ story books

sanford99

Account Closed
Aug 2, 2011
Nice idea......too late for my mum though.......she destroyed all our photo albums and I can no longer tell what memories are real and what memories are fiction...........I have nothing left of her in real terms. :(:(

So, I would advise anyone who still with the ability to capture something of their loved one and their life, then do it asap; you never know when it suddenly is simply too late. Oh, and get the photo albums out the house!! :rolleyes:

Bryher

Dec 1, 2011
Memory book online system available via Alzheimer's shop

I thought you might like to know that this unique system, that allows anyone to write their life story, however skilled or unskilled at writing, is available via the Alzheimer's Society shop and for every sale through the link a generous donation is made to the Society.

autodotbiography has been called 'WD40 for the memory' as on every page of the online system there are Memory Joggers designed to help the author. I know from personal experience - my aunt had Alzheimers - that even though she couldn't remember anything from the last 15 years of her life, if you talked to her about her first party dress, or her childhood, she could remember quite a lot. I created the system because I feel passionately that everyone should have the chance to save their memories for their families. If you want any help or information I would be delighted to hear from you. The details are on the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513