Travelling accommodation

Gingerfred

Oct 30, 2020
Dear fellow carers
I wonder if somebody has experience of this and can perhaps offer guidance. Can somebody advise of wheelchair friendly accommodation providing electric beds? Or helpful websites? Preferable from one of the ferry or Eurostar ports on the way to the Midlands.
My husband has severe Alzheimer's dementia and is also 100% disabled. We can travel using our WAV but we can only go a few hours as I need an electric bed to change him. (It is not so much the changing itself, one could perhaps struggle on an ordinary bed, but I cannot get him up from a prostrate position, he cannot help at all).
I have more questions but let's take it one at a time.
Thank you for your time.

Gingerfred

Oct 30, 2020
Thank you so much, this looks just the thing. I can hardly believe all this is available. It would enable us to travel much further each lap. The journey could be planned according to the CPT map.
My next (very hopeful) question is: Is/are there websites for accessible accommodation, eg holiday house/flat or B&B?

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Large hotel chains can help with "accessible rooms" - generally this seems to mean wheelchair accessible - i.e. they have a lift, and you get a wetroom type shower - however, this isn't always completely flat. Wise to check with specific hotels as to the exact facilities available, as these can vary.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN